Saturday, April 26, 2014

Woo Hoo!



I can't believe it, but I'm finished the didactic portion of my schooling!!
It's been long, grueling and fun all at the same time.

I've never studied so hard in my life!
Anatomy and physiology, microbiology, 
surgical techniques and instruments and oh yeah...some more anatomy!

I would leave my house at 6:30 in the morning, 
sit in lecture and work in lab all day, 
get home around 4:30 and then settle in, 
to on average 3 hours of homework a night!
Shower, bed and repeat the next day.
Needless to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of cooking going on around here!

What a sense of accomplishment walking out of my classroom
 at the end of finals week knowing I'd done it!
One of my prouder moments in life, that's for sure.
And I did it maintaining a 98%+ average...not too bad for the oldest gal in class!
BIG smile on my face when I saw my final grades.

We learned the art of "scrubbing".


The proper way to put on a gown & gloves while staying sterile.


We worked in mock surgery with our instructor/surgeon 
to learn the proper techniques of passing instruments and assisting the surgeon.


We even learned how to suture!


It was a great class and we all learned so much. 
New friends were made and we really got the chance to bond.

Monday will bring a new learning experience as I start my clinicals at a nearby hospital.
I'm filled with excitement and wonder,
 as I will for the first time set foot into an operating room,
 and put into practice everything that I've learned.

I'm thankful beyond words for this opportunity,
 and look forward to where this new path is going to lead me.

Thanks for sticking around the blog,
 and hopefully my posts will get a little more frequent as my study load has lightened.

Happy Weekend!




7 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Woo Hoo ! You are fantastic ! It sounds like it was a lot of work and study but you aced it and you did it royally. +98%, wow that's fabulous. We all knew you could do it and you proved us right.
I love the photos of you in surgical gear, you look so cute. Not many people can pull off that look but you do it with style. :)

Annette said...

Congratulations, Meeling!!! I admire your hard work and determination to get through the the first portion of the course. Now the fun begins! Good luck with the clinicals!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M. :)

WOO HOO!!!! Indeed :)

That is so awesome. :)

But let me get this right, you have been working so hard in the guise of avoiding cooking for your family and improve your sewing skills (jk!) lol :)

A big pat on the back and wishing you well, moving forward :)

Congrats my friend :)

Have a wonderful week, cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

A big congratulation to you Meeling! What a wonderful accomplishment. Good luck with your clinicals, and all the new adventures that lay ahead!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Kelly said...

WOW! Congratulations! That's so great, what an accomplishment! And now you are on to clinicals, that will be so interesting!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Huge congrats to you! What an accomplishment and 98% to boot! Best of luck with your clinicals!
btw: you rock those scrubs :)

Handmade in Israel said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement and with such high grades too! Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...