Saturday, September 28, 2013

Brain Food




I'm almost a month into school and loving it!
The amount of information we are taking in, is incredible to me.
After 8 hours a day in the classroom, on average
I come home and study 2-3 hours more..some nights even longer, in preparation for the next day.

There are days my head is literally swimming with terms and words that are new to me, but somehow they are slowly, all being retained.
It's become apparent very quickly to a few who skipped studying, 
that you won't make it through if that's the path you choose.
Lessons learned!

Here a few things that are keeping me going...



I love that there is a tiny hint of sweetness to coconut water, 
but it's something sweet that I can feel good about.
It's in my backpack everyday!


We take so many notes, I had to find a way to make the really important parts stand out.
I'm absolutely loving these retractable highlighters.
They are bright, yet don't bleed through either my notebook paper or my textbooks.
I like the fact that there are no caps to lose either.






I need brain food throughout the day to keep my going and these are just a couple snacks that I'm loving and that are easy to carry with me.




A little crunch, a tad sweet, and they tide me over until my next break.
Tons of whole grain and protein too.



These are great!
I take some pretzels or some celery sticks and start dipping!!
They are perfectly portioned and peanut butter is filling and keeps me going.

These are a few things that are keeping my brain in working order these days.

What's your favorite brain food?








7 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

So happy for you doing something you love even with the huge work load :)

When do you get time to cook or sleep??

Looks like you have some awesome foods to keep you going :)

And retractable highlighters, what will they think of next? I hate losing all those pen caps :(

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

Kelly said...

Yum! Those snacks look great! I like to out almonds, chocolate chips and dried cherries in a ziploc bag for a snack.

Almost Precious said...

Isn't the brain amazing ? We tend to take it for granted but it is capable of learning and retaining so very much, and yes it does take time and study to train the mind to learn new things . . . you're one smart cookie to realize this.

I'll have to look for those highlighters, the ones I have bleed through paper which is annoying.

Anastasia said...

I love coconut water - i always add half a cup to my daily green smoothie which is one of my brain foods - its so delicious! id also say a handful of 'almonds' is another FAV brain food too!

Additionsstyle said...

I am glad to hear that your classes are going well and that you are enjoying all the work. Great snack ideas, and I love the idea of retractable highlighters.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Annette said...

I've never tried coconut water, but I've had the Jif to go and it's the perfect snack size. Like everyone else, I need to find the retractable highlighters!

I'm so glad you're loving school! You've got me thinking I need to find something to challenge my mind!

Nells Vintage House said...

Coconut water got me through 36 hours of labor. It's good stuff.

Also, I'm not in school and am currently working from home but am obsessed with all things Sharpie and love to make lists and highlight...so obviously I'll be going out to purchase those retractable highlighters as soon as the stores open today. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...