Monday, June 24, 2013

Stakmore



I must share my fun weekend thrifty project!!

A visit to my local Goodwill turned up this rather sad looking chair.
$9.99, but red tags were half off so she was only $5!!
Yippee for me!




As you can see she was in a state of needing just a little tlc.


So some sanding...


A little Gorilla glue - I love this stuff!!
Some clamps for a couple hours.


A coat of primer.
I will say this stuff is ok, but not awesome, probably would choose a different brand next time.





She's from the Stakmore company, who have been making quality folding chairs since 1922.
I'm not sure how old this one is, but she's definitely been around for a while.


Remove the old foam and fabric, which was ripped and rather nasty.
Eeeeew!

Then thanks to a free sample size of
Hazy Dawn from Lowes

A new piece of foam
 and a half yard of HGTV Loose Leaf fabric in the Citrine color way.
She now looks like this!






I love the styling.
She's just mid century enough that she fits in with all  my other mid century pieces in the house, but adds a fresh pop of color and style.

Not bad, especially for a grand total of $15.

$5 - Chair
$3 - New piece of foam
$7 - fabric (with coupon and teacher discount at Joann)

Have you thrifted anything fun lately?


Linking up with A Living SpaceSir Thrift A Lot and Remnant.

Check them out for some great vintage thrifts that people have scored!!

6 comments:

Annette said...

I love it! The fabric is gorgeous. Good job, Meeling!

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

Very pretty Meeling!

Kelly said...

Wow, it looks so great! I love that fabric, what a pretty print!

Almost Precious said...

Meeling what a fantastic make over. You spotted a diamond in the rough and realized it had style and good bones. With a bit of paint, new fabric and foam plus a whole lot of work from you, that dowdy old chair became a runway model. Très chic.

And like Annette, I love the fabric you chose.

JessMadeThis said...

I love it. Such a fun project. Thanks for sharing!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

That is such an amazing transformation :)

LOVE IT :)

I haven't done anything like that in a long time, the closest is doing some darning, lol :(

That's about as exciting as it gets around here, lol :)

Cheers, T. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...