Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mid Century Modern Delight...And Oh Yeah, Food Trucks!



I have a soft spot for Mid Century style.
I grew up in houses, 
both ours and my grandparents that were filled with many beautiful MCM pieces.
Of course at the time, I had no idea what they were, but I do now.
For me the style is reminiscent of a bygone era of class and distinction.
It's a happy, warm style.


Me - circa 1973
(I have almost the exact same chair in my living room today!)

My husband & and I have filled our home with some lovely finds over the years.
I love the pieces that will forever remain in style, 
and I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting pieces to add to our collection.


Our living room
Table  and  Credenza


That brings me to where I will be this weekend!



I'm so excited!
Booths filled with wonderful Mid Century treasures to peruse.
I'm drooling in anticipation. 

Then when I found out that the food truck scene is getting in on the action.
Woo hoo!

Who could ask for a better Sunday!!

And one more thing...proceeds go to help 

Food & Furniture (and don't forget the dogs)...that's where I'll be this Sunday!

If you're in the Los Angeles area, make sure to stop by.
For up to date vendor and food truck information stop by their
Facebook page.


Happy Weekend!!






7 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh Hope you have lots of fun :)

I miss going to antique shows (I am a big turn of the century/early century fan :)

But I am now at the point where I have to sell some items, it is tough but I have had my time with them and now it is time for others to enjoy :)

(Of course, I would never sell any of the inherited items, that would be sacrilege)

Can't wait to see what you find :)

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T.:)

Kelly said...

Nice! I love food trucks! Sounds like a fun time...shopping and eating...perfect!!

Annette said...

You have some beautiful pieces! I hope you have a fantastic time and find something truly wonderful that you can't live without! And that goes for the food too!!

Almost Precious said...

Sounds like it will be a most enjoyable time.

Your table and credenza are lovely and I think what makes a home extra special are those pieces of furniture (and yes even the brick-a-brack) that we collect over time. They give a home character, unlike a model home where everything is staged with pieces straight out of a modern furniture showroom.

Guess I don't need to say "Have fun at the show" as we all know you will . :)

Van said...

The table and credenza are gorgeous! And I wish I could go to that event! Loving your adorable vintage blog :)

lisaroyhandbags said...

love MCM and of course food trucks! sounds like the perfect day!

Handmade in Israel said...

Ooh, I hope you had fun! Are we going to see some new purchases?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...