Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fage and The Chicken


Do you have a favorite Summer recipe that you turn to?
I think most of us probably do.
In our house, it's something referred to simply as yogurt chicken.
Let me tell though, there is nothing simple about the flavors!

Originally inspired from this recipe
it's evolved over the years to become a family favorite.
My husband and kids frequently ask for it.
It's wonderful with chicken drumsticks, but works equally well with thighs.
The one thing I have learned - is to grill it "low & slow".



When I was asked to be part of a campaign for Fage yogurt, it was a resounding yes, 
as their brand of yogurt is the one that I always use for our favorite recipe!




Fage (pronouced "fa-yeh") 
is rich and super creamy.
An added benefit of Greek yogurt, is that it's high in protein.
I love using it in place of sour cream or even mayonnaise to lighten up a dish.
A favorite side dish is chopped up cucumbers, a little salt, some cumin, 
and a splash of lemon juice, all tossed with Fage plain yogurt.
So refreshing and full of flavor!
I eat it frequently as my lunch on hot Summer days.


Yogurt is very versatile and can be eaten as a savory or sweet dish.
I love it as a mid morning snack with a little honey or some fresh fruit on top,
maybe even a little granola for a crunch!


What about you...are you a yogurt lover?
What's your favorite way to enjoy it?


I received samples of Fage yogurt as part of a BzzAgent campaign.
Any opinions expressed are entirely my own.





          Have a great day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh I was going to say that we eat a LOT of Yogurt with our Indian food but then I went to the recipe page and saw it was Indian based, totally makes sense :)

So yummy :) T.

Kelly said...

Darryl loooves Greek yogurt!

Almost Precious said...

The yogurt marinated chicken sounds like a wonderful recipe, will have to give it a try.
I'm a fan of yogurt, my hubs - well, he's not very fond of it.

When we lived in Trinidad (in the West Indies) I used to make homemade yogurt from a culture as I couldn't buy it in the stores there. I was the only one in the family that ate it at that time, now all my girls are yogurt fans. My hubs ? Nope, still doesn't like it. Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :)

Annette said...

The recipe sounds delish! I use nonfat greek yogurt in smoothies. It makes it so creamy. I also like mixing it with a splash of vanilla, some stevia and chopped up fresh fruit or berries.

Additionsstyle said...

I love those ideas! The cucumber and yogurt does sound really refreshing. I wan not always a fan of yogurt, but lately I have been enjoying it in a variety of ways. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...