Saturday, May 4, 2013

Focus On Life - Week 18 - Abstract



Abstract

Here is the definition from Dictionary.com

"Of or pertaining to the formal aspect of artemphasizing lines, colors, generalized orgeometrical forms, etc., especially with reference to their relationship to one another."

This was an interesting challenge.
I chose to not make my photo so abstract as to completely lose the original, but enough that there were some abstract qualities to it.

This is a mirror I have hanging in my dining room.
I shot this using my cell phone with the
which is a fun and totally addictive app, with tons of effects that you can apply to your photos.





I like the way the angle of the shot almost made ripple effects in the mirror and the wall texture adds an interesting component.

Want to see more...
Hop on over to 
and see what others have shot for their abstract challenge.

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Patty Woodland said...

Very interesting lines and the gold on the adobe color is beautiful.

Tanya said...

That's a great photo. I love the waves and texture.

Claire said...

very interesting shot! it's amazing the quality of camera phones - wonderful photo :)

Debi said...

Very attractive shot! I like the pattern in the face of the mirror, as well as the curvy shapes. Great angle!

Alice said...

Great photo! I especially like the lines, and the angle you chose.

Annette said...

I love this shot, Meeling! The angle, textures, the mirror...just perfect!
I'll have to check out that app!

Beti Horvath said...

Very nice! Love the angle.

Marlene Cupo said...

You certainly captured all the elements Sally was talking about. Great job!

My Life Under the Bus said...

This is very cool almost looks octopus like!

Becky Pancake said...

Your photo choice is very interesting. Good job showing abstract.

thewovenspoke said...

Meeling. I love the angle of your shot and it has some cool abstract angles.

Adrienne said...

Great shot, thanks for the link to that app!

CraftyHope said...

Oh, what a neat angle, neat effects, and near mirror! I really like this photo a lot. Well done.

lisaroyhandbags said...

Love the angle of the shot! I'll have to check out that app! ps: thanks for your sweet well wishes for my guy xo

Additionsstyle said...

Very, very cool photo, and mirror!!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Almost Precious said...

Wonder photography Meeling. Experimenting with cameras and taking pictures from a different perspective is both fun and challenging. I'm no photographer but I do appreciate those who have the talent (or just a knack) for creating interesting art from photographic images.

Shel said...

Wow - this is one cool shot for sure! One cool mirror, too, actually. I do love the ripples in the mirrored part and all the shapes and lines are excellent! Great abstract photo!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh I LOVE IT :)

You know I really am a big fan of abstraction :)

I love the angle and the form :)

Awesome :)

Happy B.Day to your Son :)

Happy Mother's Day to you :)

Have a lovely weekend, cheers,
T. :)

Blogger said...

Earn FREE satoshis at Easy Bitcoin. Up to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...