Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm back...almost





I wish I had been off on some globetrotting adventure,
but alas our poor computer was sick.
Whirring, whining, clicking and not retrieving information when asked.
After much attempting to revive her ourself, we soon realized that she needed professional help.




So after some relaxing days at the tech spa - she has happily returned as good as new!
Well, almost.
She needed a new hard drive, so in some ways it's like meeting her for the first time again.
Luckily we were able to extract almost all our files and photos, 
though a few things are forever gone.
(note to self: back up to external hard drive more frequently)
Having a blank desktop is weird - I mean really odd.
I had things neatly organized in folders and knew where everything was - not anymore,
but at least she's home.

And, that means a "real" blog post will be in order soon!!
I've missed being away and though I tried following your blogs via my smartphone, 
that's less than ideal.

So I am happily going to sit here with my cup of coffee this morning,
 and find out all I've missed in blogland!!

More to come soon...

7 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Sorry to hear that your pc was ill but happy to know that she is all patched up and is feeling much better now. :)

Seems like every time we upgrade something it changes everything and I have to get used to the new set-up. . . it's bad enough when websites do it (like the new blogger dashboard) but when it's your own computer that has rearranged everything - well it does take some getting used to. :)

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a most Happy New Year.

Kelly said...

How frustrating! Glad you're back now! :)

Annette said...

I'm so glad you're back. I got a new laptop for Christmas but I'm still using my old one (that I complained about so much, hence the new one) because I can't figure out the new one!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I was wondering where you were, I 'm glad she is back and working :)

Look forward to hearing your news :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

Happy New Year!
Sorry to hear your computer was sick, but I am glad everything worked out and she is back good as new. I look forward to checking out all your new posts!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

lisaroyhandbags said...

Darn computers! I'm glad you're back up and running! I got a new MacBook Air to replace my honking Mac PowerBook and now I've got a blank desktop too. I loved my folders on my old one, although I probably had a lot of crap on there too. happy new year! xo

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Once I got my Lenovo Thinkpad I have not had to think of a computer. It just works so perfectly well that I forgot to think of it... Hope you have a more tech-secure 2013!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...