Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Day



Here are a scattering of photos and recipes from our Thanksgiving.
I'm afraid I wasn't quite on top of the whole photographer thing this year - 
got a little too into the groove of cooking.
I think these will give you a good idea of how it all looked and tasted though...


I was a little tired off all the Fall colored gourds and decorations, so I took a can of chrome spray paint to a few things and I loved how they turned out!
Think outside the box!!
I got to use my vintage Danish salt & pepper shakers that
my husband had bought me for our anniversary.
Flowers from the local market put in containers I already owned, were colorful and inexpensive.


Leek Bread Pudding
found via West Elm's blog was amazing!!
Vegetarian too, which is always great and who knew that oven crisped shitakes taste like bacon!
Woo hoo!
The only thing I'd do differently is add more mushrooms because they were so good!


Spiced Chickpeas were a tasty nibble to go along with pre-dinner cocktails.
Homemade Spiced Pear Vodka,
recipe found via the fabulous blog
Boulder Locavore was a huge hit!!


I made homemade bread the morning of.
Gruyere & Rosemary
and
Cranberry, Orange & Almond
using this wonderful dutch oven method.
It was delicious for leftover turkey sandwiches the day after too!!


Tuscan Onion Confit 
found through Pinterest
was a delicious accompaniment to turkey and just a wonderful topping for a piece of bread.
This is going to be a staple in my refrigerator!!

One other appetizer recipe worth a mention,
though somehow I forgot to snap a photo before it was all gone, was a hot
Jalepeno Popper Dip
Scrumptious!!

It was a busy, but fun filled day with family & friends filling our house.
Some tried and trusted recipes were present,
 as were some new ones which I was very happy with the results.

I want to thank each and every one of you that takes a minute to stop by my blog and say hi,
leave a comment or write me an email. 
I am truly thankful that you enjoy your time here and many of you have become friends.

I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!


8 comments:

Annette said...

The tables are beautiful and the food looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I can't believe I didn't even think about taking pictures this year! I took a handful of pictures the day after of Michael and Shylee reading a book.

Your blog is one of my favorites and I look forward to each post! I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday! XO

Frannie said...

Your table was simply gorgeous, as well your meal.
Delicious pictures!

Almost Precious said...

What a wonderful, gourmet feast. Your decorations and table settings are perfection and are as elegant as the decor in a 5 star restaurant. Amazing, comes to my mind . . . just amazing !!!

And wow - what a luscious menu. Those lucky diners at your table got a meal that would have cost them at least $100 per plate in a swanky restaurant. I am totally envious. :)

Yelle said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds like quite the dream! I do love the sound of the bread you made! I would take anything made with gruyere and rosemary - heaven!

Additionsstyle said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day with family and friends and fantastic looking food! I would love to know what you did to make the shitakes taste like bacon.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Looks soo amazing :)

I LOVE your idea of spraying the gourds, who says everything has to be Fall coloured :)

I will have to try the leek and bread pudding, we LOVE leeks in our house :)

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

Kelly said...

Wow, everything looks and sounds delicious! Yum! And your bread looks so professional!

Handmade in Israel said...

Your table looks amazing! Can I join you next time please? LOVE the sound of the mushrooms - even if they taste like bacon, lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...