Monday, September 10, 2012

A Bowl of Soup and My Thermals


While we've been  
enjoying
delighting,
no, 
it's actually more like
MELTING 
in near to or over 100 degree temperatures every day, 
soup has been the farthest thing from my mind or my menu.

Last week out of the blue there came upon us a glorious day of cool.
Well, truthfully it was in the 70's, but it poured
ok, actually it was more of a sprinkle.
But, hey living in Southern California, you take what you can get!

I'd had this recipe on one of my Pinterest boards just waiting to be whipped up.
So a temperature drop below melting was enough for me.
Behold,
A wonderful thing...
bacon, beer, cheese, spicy jalapenos and oh did I mention cheese?


It was soooooooo good!
Just creamy enough.
(I accidentally tipped the whole container of whipping cream into the pot - wink, wink)
Smoky bacon, spicy peppers, fresh thyme from the garden and a dark beer simmered to perfection.
Yes, please!

Now if the mercury would just drop again, to say a balmy 80 degrees,
I'll be digging out my thermals.

Linking up today with
the Thursday
Eat. Make. Grow. Blog Hop
Hop on over and see what everyone has been cooking up!

10 comments:

Annette said...

Ooooh, that looks and sounds really good! I tried the Jif Silk you blogged about and I'm hooked!

Sandra Monat said...

it looks delicious! Looking forward to soup weather as well, a Hokkaido pumpkin is already waiting on the kitchen shelf

Sarah B. said...

That looks so yummy! After triple digit heat, we're finally cooling off into the 80's so I know what you mean :)

Elizabeth Aley said...

The husbear would love that! I will have to try it out too.

Gad to hear the temp. has dropped to a more bearable level!

e

Almost Precious said...

Looks delicious. Glad the weather has cooled off a bit so you could enjoy such a gourmet delight.

And the website "Closet Cooking" looks very interesting. :)

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Mmmm, delicious! The temperatures around here are very appropriate for a warm creamy soup already and while I'm glad the weather is appropriate I miss summer already!

Handmade in Israel said...

You know, we have such a long, hot summer here but my kids love soup! Occasionally I'll make a cold soup for our Friday night Sabbath meal but they prefer a hot, thick soup, lol! I make it all through the summer and we sit there and sweat it out :-)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Bacon, cream and cheese what's not to love and beer too, yummy :)

You are going to have to send it to me, I'm being really lazy and making salads and boring ones at that, LOL!!! :)

Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

That does sound really wonderful! I love soup on a cool night. Here in the Midwest it has finally cooled off and I am looking forward to taking out my soup pot.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

lisaroyhandbags said...

Mmm looks delicious! Strange weather you're having! We're down to about 102F now during the day - I just can't wait until November when temps will be closer to the mid 80s!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...