Saturday, August 4, 2012

What's For Dinner?

 
That's a question that frequently gets asked around here?
More by me - the resident chef - than the teenagers!
Last week when continuous hot weather sent my tomato plants into hyperdrive,
it became a question of  "What to do with all these tomatoes?"

I had just the solution!
Add a little puff pastry, some goat cheese, black olives, eggs,
a nice chilled glass of rose and voila...
dinner was served!


 It was a perfect summer meal!
Served rustic family style, right off a wooden board sitting in the backyard.
Creamy and tangy goat cheese, sweet roasted tomatoes, salty olives, fresh thyme.
The flavors balanced perfectly - something I always look for in a dish.

Here's to summer tomatoes!!

What's your favorite summer meal?


Linking up with
Foy  
over at
Garden. Cook. Write. Repeat.

13 comments:

Almost Precious said...

That looks so tasty and what perfect fare for these dog days of summer when the temps are hotter than too hot and our energy level is somewhere in the basement. Bet your fresh, vine ripened tomatoes made it extra flavorful.

Kelly said...

That looks delicious! and it makes me miss cheese!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Perfect :)

Looks amazing :)

Dinner at your house, I thinking :)

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

That dinner sounds really wonderful. My tomato plants are out of control, and I have a house full of tomatoes too, I am going to have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sarah B. said...

Oh yum!! You had me at goat cheese :)

Pearl said...

Oh, would ya look at that...

Anything with goat cheese, dried tomatoes and black olives has my vote for just about anything...

Pearl

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness that looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Foy Update said...

Thanks for linking to our first Eat Make Grow Blog Hop!

We just started the tomato boom ourselves and we do pizza once a week. And you know that pizza is going to have some fresh sliced tomatoes!

We are already on to Blog Hop #2. I hope you'll come and link to that one as well. Feel free to link to any older posts if you think they are timely and pertinent.

- Foy
http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-blog-hop-2.html

Anastasia said...

oh that sure looks good!!!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

YUM!! This looks delicious!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I could faint just looking at that!

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Tomatoes? I love them, especially when they are warm by the summer sun. I could eat them with anything! And your tart looks simply amazing!

lisaroyhandbags said...

yum! I love picking up tomatoes at farm stands - a bit of a balsamic drizzle and so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...