Monday, August 20, 2012

My Dress Story


I have a thing for vintage dresses.
Or maybe they have a thing for me...whichever it is, 
vintage is habitually my preference over new.
The fabric is usually softened from time, 
and has details you don't often find in new garments.
But most importantly there's a story...
and even if I don't know the story, I know the dress has one.

Was it worn out to dinner?
Did it get picked often from the closet or hang there awaiting a special occasion?
Did she laugh or cry when she wore it?
Did she get kissed? 
Was it her favorite?
I like imagining where the dress might have been...she could be a world traveler for all I know!

My latest vintage, hails from the 1950's.
A pin tucked bodice in the freshest of greens,
 and a skirt that is filled with flowing script and a garden print.

I may not know where she has been, 
but I can tell you where I have taken her...


She was worn for a special dinner.
She wore her red shoes.
She laughed.
And, yes...she got kissed.
Blush.

Now she waits patiently till her next outing, 
so she can add to her stories.

Do you have a favorite dress?


If you are ever in need of a wonderful vintage selection and the best customer service around,
pop in and say hi to Maria at
Custard Heart Vintage


Linking up with 
Yes Teacher 
for

 



14 comments:

Maria Ramona said...

You've got a way with words my dear (and with dresses I might add! :)

It looks like you had a night to remember and I'm honored I could help you find the perfect dress. You look amazing.

Kelly said...

Pretty! and green looks so nice with your hair!

Pearl said...

Sweet! I love them as well -- and this one really suits you.

:-)

Pearl

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG that is adorable! I can't wear dresses as I look like and apple shoved in a toilet paper roll - I only get to admire them from afar : (

Sarah B. said...

I totally love it!! And that green looks amazing on you :)

OnePerfectDay said...

It looks great on you!
I love green on redheads.

Additionsstyle said...

Lovely dress, I am sure you will make lots of memories wearing it.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

What a cute photo :)

Lovely dress and great shoes and what a pretty lady :)

I used to buy vintage ALL the time when I lived in London (back in the day)I never worn anything else (well, except the items I made :), all late 30's and early 40's, it was so much fun :)

I was so excited when Vogue brought out their vintage patterns :)

Have a lovely weekend, hope you get to wear your beautiful dress again soon, cheers, T. :)

Happy Frog and I said...

Fantastic dress and lovely photo of you as well. I like the idea of vintage holding stories that we can only guess at.

Happy Frog and I said...

Fantastic dress and lovely photo of you as well. I like the idea of vintage holding stories that we can only guess at.

Handmade in Israel said...

You look lovely! Glad the dress got a good outing :)

Annette said...

I'm not surprised you love vintage dresses, and this one looks like it was made for you! :) I can't wear them but I absolutely enjoy looking at them.

lisaroyhandbags said...

What an awesome find - it looks great on you! I always imagine the stories behind vintage furniture that I buy - it's fun to imagine who's house it's been in and what they kept in it. :)

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

You look lovely, the color suits you perfectly!

I love a dress with a history. So glad you are giving this dress a good future!

hug, e

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...