Monday, July 9, 2012

Side Dishes & Busy Weeks


Our garden provided us with the freshest of side dishes last night.
Sweet, crunchy, slightly peppery fresh carrots!!
What a delight for the taste buds it was.


The pole beans and tomatoes are loving this California heat too, 
so there will be plenty more fresh produce heading to my table very soon.

I have a jam packed week coming up.
Family coming in from out of town that I haven't seen in years.
Theatre performances in Wonderland...if you get the hint!
And then, so very thankfully, a mini escape with my husband much thanks to grandma!!

I'll be away from the blog till probably the middle of next week, 
but I'll be popping in here and there to see what everyone is up to.

What do you have planned for this week?

11 comments:

Rachel J said...

Wow--you already have carrots? That sounds delicious!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I have nothing exciting this week but my Aussie friends are stopping by before they jump back on their plane home next week - YAY company! Have a good week : )

Almost Precious said...

Lovely bunch of home grown carrots. I'm sure they have far more flavor than those purchased in the grocery stores. Many times I've wondered just how long our store bought produce has been hibernating in cold storage before we buy it and bring it home for consumption?

Enjoy your mini escape with your wonderful hubby. And YEA to grandma's . . . they are truly marvelous blessings. :)

Sarah B. said...

Sounds like you have some fun plans! I'm jealous of your fresh produce - looks delicious :)

lisaroyhandbags said...

Sounds like fun! And the mini break is a great way to finish it off. Have fun!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh it sounds like you have a fun packed week, so have a great time and I will try not to be too jealous :)

I do not have much planned except to clean bathrooms :(

I will be excited to see if you come up with some great tom recipes (was that subtle or what, LOL!!)
I think we are going to have a bumper crop of mini toms.

Have lots of fun, can't wait to hear your adventures, I am living vicariously thru your trips right now (He! He!)

Take Care, cheers, T. :)

Happy Frog and I said...

Good to hear you have some carrots from your own garden and a fun packed week ahead to boot. I get to see the Olympic Torch Relay outside my place tomorrow morning, my first French lesson and on Saturday 80s clubbing so not too shabby. Thanks for your comment, much appreciated. x

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Oh, it is such an excitement to enjoy your own produce! And your carrots look so proud, I bet they were super tasty!

Nells Vintage House said...

Those carrots are beautiful. We're growing a bunch of tomatoes right now, but thats about the only we've ever been able to grow. That and one pathetic looking watermelon.

Annette said...

There's nothing better than homegrown produce in the summertime! Hope you have a great time with hubby and look forward to hearing about it!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Have fun!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...