Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bug Barf & Jane Austen


After a very busy week, 
it was heaven to escape up the coast with my husband for a few days.
There is something very soothing about California's Central Coast.
The cooler temperatures and cloudy sky were a welcome change
 from our 100 plus degree temperatures.

A little wine tasting, beach visits, 
a great soda shop with the funniest assortment of sodas - think Dog Drool & Bug Barf! 
The ideal teenager souvenir to bring home!

Some rich and creamy clam chowder served up in a perfectly toasted bread bowl!!
I could feel the pounds going on as I was eating it, but oh so worth every bite!


It was a chance to just kick back,
enjoy each others company and the beautiful surroundings.
We ate, did some antiquing, ate some more, walked on the beach, ate again!
What is it when you're away you always seem to be eating or maybe it's just me?!
Bring on the diet this week!!

Ok, so back to my strange blog title...
Bug barf - covered in the soda flavors.
Jane Austen - it's a little hard to read, but my white shirt is from this fabulous etsy shop that carries all kinds of wonderful Jane Austen goodies. It features a famous quote from Pride & Prejudice.

Do you have a shirt that just makes you feel good?
This is mine.

What is everyone up to this week?

10 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

So Glad you guys had a great relaxed time tog. LOVE the pics :)

It is weird but vacas do seem to evolve around eating, maybe it is because of the ocean air???? (That is my excuse anyway, LOL! :)

But sometimes meals at home can be rushed and on vaca you can chill and take your time :)

Love the Jane Austen shop :)

Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip, and like you found lot of cool stuff to see. I love the names of soda, but I don't know if I would want to drink them.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Almost Precious said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It is nice to get away with one's spouse, just the two of you, get to spend quality time with one another, enjoy each other's company.
The weather appears to have been perfect. As for the eating, I think when we're away on a trip, we are more active, always walking around seeing things, doing things. Plus just being outdoors tends to burn up calories and whets the appetite.

Handmade in Israel said...

Not sure about the sodas, but the rest of your trip sounds delightful! And forget about the diet - you look wonderful!

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Who doesn't love Jane Austen? And eating? And beaches? Ah, did I mention eating? You are having the best summer ever!

Happy Frog and I said...

Sounds like you had a great and relaxing trip. This week England finally has some sunshine so I'm going to try to make the most of it inbetween working. At the weekend I'm seeing the new Batman film, can't wait!

Sarah B. said...

What a great date! And those sodas sound SOOOO fun :D

Annette said...

That sounds like my kind of get away...especially the eating part!!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!
Love the photos :-)

lisaroyhandbags said...

Sounds wonderful! Love the bug barf! This is pretty much what we did at our cottage in Maine - eat! Needless to say I packed on about 5 lbs on our trip - time to get back to normal routine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...