Friday, June 29, 2012

Apricot Thyme Sorbet


There sits a very large, very productive apricot tree in my yard.
After countless jars of jam put away, a heavenly apricot chipotle pork roast, 
neighbors given bags full, there was still enough to make about 3 pints of sorbet!

Thanks to some online inspiration I came across this recipe 
and adapted it just a little by adding some fresh lemon juice
 and some thyme to the boiling mixture.  
Straining it through a fine mesh sieve before going in the ice cream maker
 ensures a wonderful, almost granita like texture.


It's a wonderful light finish to a Summer meal.
It's fruit forward with just the right hint of sweetness.
The thyme flavor is very subtle.  
I could have probably almost added a little more, but this way you get an herb essence, 
without it being overpowering. 


It was also a great reason to use my new vintage melamine bowls from this great etsy shop.

Do you have a favorite Summer dessert?

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, this sounds super good! What a pretty color, too!

thestoryofkat said...

So lucky to have those fruit trees and these are great photos! I love the idea of adding a touch of herbs...I've also heard about using essence of lavender with plain vanilla ice cream...it's all making me want to get my ice cream maker out and experiment!

Annette said...

Oh my, this looks and sounds wonderful, especially since I love apricots! I can't really say I have a favorite summer dessert, because I love everything, lol!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

That looks so amazing :)

You are so talented :)

I think my Hubby might want to move in with your guys he LOVES apricot and usually only gets them out of a can (I know Bad Wife:(

Have a lovely weekend, Cheers, T. :)

Rebecca said...

Yum sounds delicious!
Also love your photos!

Have a fabulous weekend :-)

Happy Frog and I said...

I've never had apricot ice cream before but this has made me want to try some. Great idea to add the herb as well.

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Oh, I'd love to try this out! The orange color is so inviting!

Sarah B. said...

Oh wow, that looks so refreshing!! :)

Additionsstyle said...

That sounds so wonderful. What a perfect way to end a meal, during these hot summer months.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...