Friday, April 13, 2012

A Fast Paced City

 We are back!!
So where did we go?
After many long hours spent flying,

 
My son & I landed in...
London!!


It was just the two of us, off on an adventure.
An early 16th birthday adventure to be exact!

London is a city for the senses.
It is fast paced, yet somehow in the hustle and bustle,
 there is certain ebb & flow....a rhythm to it all.



The tube was a learning experience for Indiana, 
but he soon became quite the expert,
 learning to stand on the right whilst Londoners rushed passed on the left!
Planning out our journey for the next destination.
"Piccadilly line to King's Cross, switch to Northern Line mom then 2 stops to Camden Town", 
he had our routes down pat!!


A double decker bus tour provided a great view of London's landmarks!


And of course because you have to eat when you are on vacation...
Our first meal was a teenage favorite...Burgers!!

  And a proper burger it was!!
Byron burgers in Camden...delicious!
Fresh Scottish beef, simply prepared to let the natural flavor shine through.
Chips with the skin on and a great atmosphere.
What a welcome first meal to start our British adventure!

Lots more food and sights to come...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Meeling, this trip looks amazing! You guys must have had a blast. Cant wait to see more!

lisaroyhandbags said...

How fun! I really love London - so much to see and such a pretty city with gorgeous parks everywhere. Looks like you had a good time! :)

Handmade in Israel said...

London! I am sure you both had a fabulous time. We were there in December. I could have provided tips ;)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

So, glad you had a fun time.

I am so excited to hear more :)

What a burger, it is huge! Oh and Camden Town, did you go to Camden Locks??

I once lived at the Angel (you would have passed it on your way to Camden), very briefly in a Catholic hostel for young, single women run by Nuns, oh that was a joy, LOL!!!

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

Annette said...

Oh how exciting and what an amazing 16th birthday adventure! I look forward to more!

Sarah B. said...

Ooooh what a FUN adventure!! These memories will last a lifetime I'm sure :)

Rebecca said...

WOW! London!!! What an amazing adventure it must have been. Cant' wait to hear more. And that gigantic burger looked delicious.

Oh - thanks for stopping by my little blog :-)

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Oh, this trip sounds exciting! I can't wait to see more photos!

firefoodie said...

What a fab time! I live only an hour or so from London, but we don't go that regularly, there's so much going on on this small island! Great city for food!!

Marisa Hopkins said...

Oh my gosh, so AWESOME! What great photos - looking forward to see more. :)

We're going there this summer - I can not wait!

Additionsstyle said...

Wow sounds amazing! It much have been an exciting adventure for you and your son.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sandra Monat said...

oh how great! London is so inspiring and I would love to go there for some days soon too.

Tara said...

I am so out of the loop on my blog reading. London?!! I am so jealous! What a trip and to enjoy it with your son makes it even more perfect. Can't wait to hear more about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...