Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Adventure Continues...

I left you at burgers...and delicious ones they were!
But London had so much more to offer.

You surely can't visit this city without some history lessons.
The Tower Of London is a must for all the blood & gore of England's history!



All that learning made us hungry!
We happened upon this next meal quite by accident.
We were on a bus taking in the sights and saw what we thought would be a great pub for lunch.
Not knowing when the bus would stop next we asked the driver where the next stop was.
We were at a red light, so he opened the door and said you can get off right here!
After much laughter jumping off in the middle of who knows where, 
we found our way to The Albert

A great place indeed - full of history!
The interior was everything you'd expect in an old Victorian pub.
And the best part...
Fish & chips and mushy peas...a favorite!!

It was a day filled with history, great sights, lots of laughter and a memorable meal!

Next time...a little more history, Harrods and Hyde Park

11 comments:

Annette said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I'm glad the pub was worth getting off the bus for! It looks amazing as does the food and drink!

Handmade in Israel said...

You cannot show me fish and chips like that! Not fair! Now I am soooo hungry!!!
We went to The Tower of London on our last visit. It was a great day out.

Tara said...

While I am drinking my morning coffee, my mouth is now watering for fish and chips and a cold pint.

Melissa Blake said...

London is one of the places i've always wanted to visit!! xoxo

Happy Frog and I said...

Great to hear you are having fun in London as it's where I grew up and spent most of my life. Really enjoyed your last two posts and looking forward to more. :)

Additionsstyle said...

Your adventure sounds fun pretty amazing. Great pics! Your fish and chips look fantastic! That is my favorite meal, I bet it was really good in London.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sarah B. said...

How fun to stumble upon a great restaurant like that!! :) (And what an accommodating bus driver!)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi Meeling :)

Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. Did you get to see the Crown Jewels or the Armoury (that was more fun for me :)

You found a great pub and the food looks yummy.

I am so glad I can get good fish and chips in the states or I think I would die, LOL!!!

Looking forward to more adventures :)

Have a lovely Tuesday, cheers, T. :)

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a great day and those fish and chips looked so delicious - they are one of my favorite guilty pleasures :-)

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

That is great! Sometimes the best times are the unplanned ones! Looks like a great pub!

e

Almost Precious said...

I've been absent from my blog for so long, I've missed out on so much.
London - what a wonderful place to visit, so many places to see, so much to do and so many marvelous discoveries to make. Looks like you've been blessed with some lovely weather also. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...