Monday, March 5, 2012

Sidetracked


Where has all the food gone?
Honestly, I have been cooking, but rather uninspired as of late.
Basic, teenager pleasing meals...nothing fancy and certainly nothing photo or blog worthy!!
Not in the mood for making a mess or cleaning up.
Sidetracked...though exactly to what I couldn't tell you.
It's all been about "easy" lately.


Luciles Kitchen

Do you ever do that?
Even though you love something, you kind of max out on it? Need a time out?
That's how I've been feeling.
The food magazines that usually get me excited to make something new, 
just haven't been doing their job.

So, I want your input.
Give me an ingredient, a color, a scheme....
a challenge of sorts to get me motivated.

I'll pick the most intriguing suggestion, make a meal and blog about it!!

Let's see how creative you can be...
since mine seems to be taking the side road at the moment!

I'll leave suggestions open til Friday March 9th when I'll make my choice.

Thanks in advance for your creative genius!

12 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Some Mexican comfort food like empanadas or tamales??? Ack I have been so uninspired myself : P

Sarah B. said...

How about "over the rainbow" as a theme in honor of St Patrick's Day this month? :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh I love Sarah's idea, very clever :)

I was just in San Diego enjoying some much needed sunshine and now I am back in the cold and rainy Northwest, so maybe a meal that would bring the sunshine back into my life :)

Have a lovely evening, cheers, T. :)

Angela said...

I know what you mean -- I love to bake but I don't always want to clean up the mess afterward. How about something green to celebrate St. Pats?

lisaroyhandbags said...

I can totally relate - sometimes you just get into a bit of a slump.
You want a challenge do you? Well, I've had to cut out sugar from my diet but I love desserts in a big way. How about a yummy sugar-free dessert that's guilt-free for everyone? :)

Tara said...

I am not the most inspired chef at the best of time but I'm going to think about this. See what I can come up with for you. I understand your lack of inspiration for something you normally love. Knitting has been one of my favourite past times for the last 10 years but I can't seem to find my focus as of late.

Kelly said...

mmmm...how about indian food?

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

I feel you! Love flowers to death, but sometimes it just gets a little (date I say...boring). I think we all go through that - sometimes a break is what you need to get really excited about it again.

Hmmm...what about a crockpot recipe? Something yummy that you can make on one of those I don't feel like cooking days?

Best,
e

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

That's a cool idea! I would do anything to keep you blogging because I have been missing you!

There is an ingredient for you: sauerkraut! :))))

Rebecca said...

I find that artistic blocks and creative slumps are perfectly normal, and sometimes they are just what we need to cook up (no pun intended) a new inspiration.

How about combining a few of the previous ideas like say... St. Paddy's day with a Mexican twist.

In the mean time enjoy your down time :-)

Additionsstyle said...

I feel like that often. As much as I love to cook, most day my meals are uninspired. I need to try new things so I am looking forward to what you come up with from this list of interesting ideas. I recently discovered polenta, and I love trying to come up with new ways to cook it. So my suggestion to you is polenta, I would love to see what you do with it!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Happy Frog and I said...

I'm here too late for the deadline, sorry! I was going to suggest aubergine or butternut squash. Look forward to finding out what you did decide on though. Plus yes I do find I need to take a break from time to time and this weekend was one of those times for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...