Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Noodle Bowl Love


Lately I've been seeing recipes for 
noodle bowls everywhere,
and I'm kinda hooked on making them.

We made this one last week and it was really good.
The green tea soba noodles were very different texturally but
the broth with the jasmine tea was outstanding!


Quite often I just make up my own version.
You can use any kind of noodle, even the little ramen packages work well, 
though udon tends to be a favorite in our house.
A lively broth, tons of vegetables like;
bok choy, carrots, baby corn, straw mushrooms...
You can add tofu, chicken or beef...there really is no right or wrong way to do it.
Top with fresh chopped scallions and cilantro, chopped peanuts, even hard boiled eggs,
and add some Sriracha if you like a little heat.
It's a great warming meal on a cold night!

Now for the perfect serving vessel...

  Isn't it beautiful?!?!
It even fits your chopsticks perfectly!

I came across 
on etsy the other day and was completely taken by the beauty of her work.



Her painting is so intricate, so beautiful...
what a gorgeous way to serve up a delicious meal.

If it's possible...I think I'm in love with a noodle bowl!


Linking up with
today for
Tickle Me Tuesday


Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Oh, oh, oh! You always make me hungry! That bowl is fabulous!!!

Jaclyn said...

That bowl is gorgeous! What a great design -- and I love the little slot for the chopsticks.

megan said...

You've made me A. hungry. B. fall in love with a noodle bowl as well. Nom nom nom.

Sarah B. said...

Wow, these bowls are fabulous!!! And the soup looks so yummy too :)

Additionsstyle said...

I love noodle bowls, yours sound fabulous! Those bowls are so cute, this post makes me want to make noodles tonight.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

I don't know about the recipes but the bowls are so amazing! Nice to see you on track again :) Hope you are all fine!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi Meeling,

I always read your blog before dinner, I wonder why that is, LOL!!! :)

You always have such awesome ideas and the bowls are totally amazing :)

Hope you have a lovely Thursday, Cheers, T. :)

Rebecca said...

I had a noodle bowl just the other day! I like the idea of adding in peanuts and hard boiled eggs - good suggestion.

Those bowls are so pretty and clever!! I loved some of the other pieces she has in her shop too.

Annette said...

I haven't tried a noodle bowl but I guess I'm going to have to now! And those bowls are just gorgeous!

Almost Precious said...

I think I now have noodle bowl envy. Will have to check out out Yevgenia's shop.

lisaroyhandbags said...

Love her noodle bowls! I order noodle bowls when we're out but have never made them myself. Not sure why?

Happy Frog and I said...

Beautiful photos and I also love noodles. :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i love the second one! too cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...