Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jump!


Do you ever see a piece of art that moves you somehow?
Maybe triggers a memory or a wish?

I saw this print by the immensely pleasant Clare of
on etsy a while back and it did just that.

I spent my summer's growing up in Canada, 
going the lake, playing outside in the water and on the shores edge,
hiking through the forests with my grandparents.
When I saw this print, it immediately transported me back.
Memories are funny that way...a sound, a smell, 
the slightest invocation and suddenly you are there again.


I've had it in my favorites list for quite some time,
 as I couldn't figure out exactly where I would put it.
Well a recent rearranging of our master bedroom has opened up the perfect spot!
So I ordered it and now it's on it's way...I can't wait to get it!!

What's been tickling your fancy this week?

Linking up with
over at 
Yes Teacher!



Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Oh man, those purchases you've been eyeing forever and then finally make -- I love those! You're going to adore that painting forever. So happy you were able to make it yours :)

lisaroyhandbags said...

I love it! my childhood sounds so much like yours and this brings nostalgic feelings to me too. Yay for Canadian summers by the water!

Almost Precious said...

I love your choice in art. The painting is beautiful and I especially like the sense of motion that the artist has created with the use of pencil strokes.

ps - Also really like the colors of the greens and the turquoise.

Mamasita said...

that painting is gorgeous! ENJOY!!!
a piece of art that brings back such strong and personal memories (especially happy ones) is like nothing else in the world! you will treasure it FOREVER!
:)

Lauren Bird said...

I'm loving that piece. So motivating and really gets me thinking about some things I've pondering doing lately.

Clare Elsaesser said...

Meeling! Thank you so much. Your childhood lake summers sound beautiful. I'm so thrilled to be included on your lovely blog, and I truly hope you enjoy your new print.

Additionsstyle said...

What a lovely painting! Finding a special piece that brings back all those amazing memories, is worth having. Enjoy your new painting!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Happy Frog and I said...

I'm sure the painting will bring you lots of happy memories and nostalgia. It's amazing how unconnected objects can sometimes do that isn't it?

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh Meeling, what a cute print and what a lovely shop :)

Thanks for sharing, I have to go back and have a more detailed look :)

You will have to show it to us once it is all framed and hanging up.

Cheers, T. :)

Danie at Pasadya said...

Beautiful piece of art! I love the motion in it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...