Monday, January 16, 2012

The Urban Goat



My husband has been wanting to try making homemade cheese for a while, 
so when I read about these great DIY Cheese Kits, I knew I had to get him one.

 has a wonderful etsy shop 
with all the necessities to make cheese at home.
 Everything you need except the milk comes packaged in a cute little box!


Add some fresh goats milk...


Follow the easy directions, adding a little of this and that...


And not too long after...we had goat cheese!
It was tangy and unbelievably fresh tasting.
We spread it on a baguette, 
drizzled a little olive oil over top, cracked some fresh pepper,
and we had a wonderful little appetizer with a glass of wine.


We were very pleased with our first attempt.
While we got a rather small yield,
(professional cheese makers we are not just yet)
the kit comes with enough supplies to make about 10 batches, 
so we get to practice a few more times, 
giving us plenty of time to perfect the techniques.

It was a fun project together in the kitchen,
and always rewarding to sit down & enjoy something that you've prepared yourself.



Claudia
of 
was very friendly and helpful,
and super prompt at answering my questions.

She also has kits for many other kinds of cheeses, so make sure and pop by her
etsy shop to check it out!

What's your favorite kind of cheese?

 

Linking up with Sarah today over at 
for
Tickle Me Tuesday


15 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Uh......do I have to pick a favorite??? lol I have to go check this out - If I had to pick fontina might be my favorite ...but I don't want to make all the other cheese in my life bitter lol XOXO

Kelly said...

OH MAN! that is awesome, I should check that out I love CHEESE

Miss Val's Creations said...

The cheese looks delicious! I would love to attempt cheese making some day!

Denielle said...

Yum! That is making my stomach growl.

Stopping by from tickle me tuesday :)

Rebecca said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
My favorite is Provolone but I do love a goat cheese and fig sandwich.

Sarah B. said...

I didn't know you could do this! How fabulous!!! :)

Jaclyn said...

How fantastic that this exists!!! Love it!

Kelly said...

Neat! That sounds like a fun hobby!

Tara said...

To pick a favourite cheese would be a difficult task but I would like to try making goat cheese. Looks delicious!

Additionsstyle said...

Your homemade cheese looks great to me. It also sounds like you and your husband had a lot of fun making it. Thanks for sharing the link to urbancheesecraft, I may have to try one of her kits.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Again you have found something amazing on Etsy :)

My daughter loves goat cheese, I think I might just have to get her a kit :)

It seems like a fun thing to do :)

Have a great Wednesday, cheers, T. :)

Annette said...

What a fun idea! I love cheese and don't think I could pick a favorite. Well, maybe feta...

Handmade in Israel said...

How cool to make your own cheese! It looks great - and I love the packaging too :)

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

Sounds like fun! I am sure your Husband really appreciated the gesture and It must have been really nice to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Best,
e

Frannie said...

Wow, that looks amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...