Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet Mother Nature

 I'm always looking for healthy, quick and easy snacks.
I take them to work, keep some in the car for those late soccer practices,
or to curb that mid afternoon craving at work.

Especially after the Holiday season and the extra eating I did, 
I'm trying to make a conscious effort to grab something healthy.


A while back, I came across 
Sweet Mother Nature
on etsy and all their delicious snacks.

Matt & Sheryl were nice enough to send me a sampler pack to try out some of their
dried fruits and wonderful fruit leathers.
They were awesome!
The fruit leathers were just sweet enough, no added anything, so the fruit was the star.
My absolute favorite though...
dehydrated watermelon!!
I couldn't stop eating it...Yum!




Matt & Sheryl live in Upstate NY and are interested in long term ‘self sufficiency’ in the form of making their own energy, and eventually having their own food sources. 
The Amish and other natural farmers are prevalent in this area of NY 
so they have a great resource for much of their fruit. 

So nice to see people doing such positive things with our wonderful natural resources!


Sheryl does most of the creating and comes up with the greatest combos. 
She also loves to pick the berries and fruits from local farmers. 


Currently they sell at Farmer’s Markets, Craft Fairs, Church Bazaars and of course, on etsy.

has been nice enough to extend a special code to my blog readers.
Use the code
"hairypeach"
to save 5% on any order placed before February 10th!

A special thank you to
Sweet Mother Nature 
for giving me the opportunity to sample your awesome products
and to share them with my readers!!




Linking up with Sarah today over at 
for 
Tickle Me Tuesday!


Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

12 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

They even look pretty! You have me intrigued at the watermelon - I can't even imagine it! Happy Tuesday friend!

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

I thought only astronauts had the privilege to eat dehydrated fruits! Now we can too! Well, of course I knew and loved prunes, raisins, and dried apples, but dried watermelon? That sounds crazy! I would love to try them!

Sarah B. said...

What a great company! I'm interested in the watermelon - sounds delicious!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I agree with Patty, they look really pretty :)

I need some healthy snacks too! the berry one looks so yummy :)

Have a lovely Tuesday, cheers, T. :)

Elissa said...

YUM! We used ti have a place around here where you could buy dehydrated anything but Watermelon is a new one.

Almost Precious said...

I will definitely have to look into their etsy "deli".
After all the rich and not so healthy foods I've consumed over the long holiday season, my body would really appreciate it. And yes, the dehydrated watermelon does make one pause to wonder. :)

Earl-Leigh said...

Oh yum! Everything looks delicious!

CulinaryCache said...

The dehydrated watermelon looks delicious! I bet all that flavor concentration makes this very tasty!

Kelly said...

wow, the watermelon and the kiwi both look great!

cabin + cub said...

Oooh everything looks so healthy and yummy.
I am curious about the kiwi!

Happy Frog and I said...

Looks good, thanks for the tip off.

Additionsstyle said...

Wow, the dried fruit sounds really good. I think I am going to have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing the link.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...