Monday, January 30, 2012

A CUT Above


Have you ever had one of those meals that you know you won't forget?
I recently did and I'm here to share it with you.

We were in Las Vegas for my husband's work and had the opportunity to eat at
by Wolfgang Puck.


From the moment you stepped in the door, you knew it was going to be good.
Friendly, professional staff that were very attentive, yet not pretentious in the least.
We were seated in a roomy booth near the center of the restaurant, 
complete with throw cushions to get really comfortable.
Our server was prompt and very helpful.
We were handed the drink menu on an ipad...what a fun way of choosing your beverage!


I had the Aviation Violette, so delicious with Creme Yvette and Luxardo.
Chad had a drink called Pavlov's Dog, tangy & refreshing with grapefruit juice.


Choosing from their extensive menu was a challenge, everything sounded wonderful!

I started with the 
Bone Marrow Dumplings in Oxtail Bouillion with Chive Blossoms.
I savored each and every bite.
The cannelle shaped dumplings were creamy polenta-esque 
flavored morsels that literally melted in your mouth...I have never tasted anything quite like it.
Gently seated in an under salted broth, that was poured table side,
let their immense flavor shine through.

(I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice-the lighting was low in the restaurant and 
I didn't want my flash going off disturbing other diners)

Chad had the equally beautiful and delicious
Bone Marrow Flan with Mushroom Marmalade, earthy yet refined at the same time.

CUT specializes in beef and lots of it!
I chose a 35 day aged Petite New York...the flavor was incredible.
Chad went for the Wagyu Filet, flown in from Australia.
There are  no words to describe the flavor...I had to sneak a little bite.
So tender, it tasted like it was injected with olive oil, so buttery and rich.
Absolutely phenomenal!
 
Their steaks are grilled over hardwood and then finished under a 1200 degree broiler!
This creates a crust on the exterior of the steak and leaves the inside beautifully pink & juicy.
It is finished simply with french sea salt...and trust me, that's all it needs.
They served a shallot-red wine sauce on the side which was delectable, but hardly necessary.


We finished the meal with a dark chocolate whiskey cake,
complemented with a side of buttterscotch gelato.
No words necessary!


It was such a lovely evening,
and I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to experience it.

My only complaint, and it certainly isn't with the food or the service,
was the lack of enforcing a dress code.
This is an upscale restaurant and to me you should be dressed appropriately to your surroundings.
There was a couple sitting a few booths down that were dressed so casual, you would have thought they were going to the burger joint on the corner.
I'm talking velour track pants and a graffiti design Ed Hardy shirt.
I mean...really?!?!
Maybe I'm old fashioned but that hardly seemed befitting to the restaurant's caliber.

It was a splurge of an evening, not soon to be forgotten.

What's your best meal that you've ever eaten?




Photobucket



10 comments:

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

Sounds like an amazing dinner & ordering on iPads - what a great idea. Sounds like a great time, glad it will be a dinner you will never forget!

Best,
e

Angie said...

Sounds delicious!

Rachel J said...

Dude I would go just to play with the Ipad menu--that's so genius!

lisaroyhandbags said...

mmm sounds delicious! I love the iPad idea.
My favourite meal was about 20 years ago at a steak house that has since closed down - a wonderful steak diane that I've never been able to replicate. yum!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

What a lot of fun you guys have in your dining experiences :)

Yep, I am with you on the dining dress code but it was Vegas, LOL! :)

Last fun meal out we were all together at Xmas and went to a P.Town Fav. restaurant OBA! So, good :)

Have a lovely Tuesday, cheers, T. :)

Additionsstyle said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Your food looked fantastic and the cake I have no words to describe how beautiful and rich it looked.

I agree with you on the dress code, it is like that at most restaurants these days. I miss the days where you actually dressed up nice to go out for the evening.

Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sarah B. said...

Wow, soooooo decadent! I'm jealous :)

Rebecca said...

The whole meal sounded just heavenly!
I have to agree with you on the dress code - but that is Vegas. Of course, you two looked fabulous!

Happy Frog and I said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'd say the best meal I have ever had when eating out would be a 7 course lunch I had in a Riad in Morocco on Christmas day. However my husband is such a good cook that every dinner he cooks is my favourite!

Almost Precious said...

Things that affect the senses are ones that make lasting memories. Aroma of fresh baked bread; a musical piece heard on the night of a special first date; the rich taste of decadent dark chocolate. I'm sure this meal will recall many fond memories for both you and Chad in the years yet to come. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...