Monday, January 9, 2012

Before The Crazy Week

 I'm late, I'm late,
I feel like the white rabbit...
but seriously
Happy New Year!!

This was a post planned for just after New Years and then my crazy week hit!
My husband ended up having an emergency appendectomy last week.
Thankfully he's ok...the most important part of it all, 
but after a few days in the hospital and a few resting at home, 
today life is just kind of getting back to normal.

First off a BIG thank you to those that sent emails and facebook messages...
I appreciated your thoughts and comments more than you know.

We did manage to spend a lovely New Years Eve at home, before all the craziness arrived and I wanted to share a couple yummy recipes from our evening.



These were divine!
Worth the extra effort of marinating the steak overnight and the homemade horseradish cream...
Let's just say I won't ever be buying store bought horseradish again.
It was incredible!!
So fresh and vibrant...they were devoured!!

And then this sweet little number...


Crunchy, airy lightness from the pistachio meringue,
and then the lightest, fluffiest, just a hint of sweetness mousse you can imagine, 
made with my new Whip-It that my husband got  me for Christmas.
Delectable and so much fun!!





 It was a little disheartening to see when I logged in today that I'd dropped a few followers.
Posts not frequent enough lately?
Hit a nerve with someone?
I'll probably never know.

Oh well...
I love blogging,
but I have a life, a family and above all they are what my world is about.

I sincerely thank those out there that understand that,
and through this past year have become friends.
 xo


Photobucket

14 comments:

Annette said...

I'm so glad your husband is doing well and life is getting back to normal. I already ate dinner but my mouth is watering again! Dinner and dessert looks and sounds divine! Sorry you lost some followers...it's their loss. :)

Annette said...

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year to you too!
Glad to hear that your husband is on the mend and your life is getting back to normal.

I do love horseradish cream but never thought of making my own, I'll have to check out the recipe.

Your blog is just fabulous - I predict many more followers to come :-)

Kelly said...

oh, yum, those both look good! I am in the mood for some steak.

meh, followers come and go, don't worry about it!

Almost Precious said...

Meeling sorry to hear your hubby had a bad bout of nasty appendicitis but relieved to know all is well and that he is feeling much better (sans an appendix).

Your food photos always have me drooling and the recipes sound so yummy, I truly think you were destined to be a gourmet chef. :)

As for blog followers it is a mystery to us all. I do believe that sometimes bloggers give up on their own blogs and then after a spell they go in and delete everything ... followers,blogs they were following, posts, blog, the works. Recently I went through my blog list and could not believe how many blogs were either no longer there or had not posted for a year or longer. Please do not ever think it is a reflection on your own blog or it's worth. Your true fans adore your blog, the things you have to share and your thoughts and perspectives on everyday life. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

OMG, I am so glad your Hubby is doing better :)

What a start to the New Year you guys had, nothing like a trip to the ER to start your year! (sorry, to early for humour? :)

Love your photos and if only (once again) I could reach into my comp. and eat that dessert, yummo! (I've been putting O's on the end of words today, not sure why, He! He!)

Don't worry about the lose of followers, sometimes it is just as simple as people closing their accounts.

The important ones are still here :)

Take Care and your Hubby, all my best, cheers, T. :)

Tara said...

Poor Chad! Glad to hear he is feeling better. I'm sure that having family close by and the thought of all your yummy food helped with the recovery. Best wishes, Meeling.

Kanelstrand said...

Meeling, followers come and go regardless of how often you post, so... I wouldn't worry, if I were you. The most important is that your family is well, only then will you have the strength to keep on blogging.

Your New Year's Eve meal looks delicious, I would give anything for any yogurt dessert...

Happy New Year and keep the inspiration flowing!

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like you had a very yummy holiday (despite the trip to the hospital! - hope Hubs us recuperating well). We cooked wonderful meals on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve - it was great to be able to devote our full attention to the meal at hand, and it showed - it was delicious!

Additionsstyle said...

I am glad to hear that everything is getting back to normal and that your husband is feeling better! Your steak crostini with horseradish cream looks really tasty.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year Meeling. You are lucky I don't live near you because I'd be looking for ways to invite myself over to your place for a meal or two. LOL! Your posts are always so tempting and your pictures are mouth watering!
Denise

Happy Frog and I said...

So pleased that your husband is on the mend it must have been a stressful time for you all. Good to see you back but only post when you can and want to - it is your blog after all. x

Handmade in Israel said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. Your photos - and post - look mouth watering as always!!! If someone is no longer following you, thast is simply their loss!

Sarah B. said...

Glad things are going well - don't worry about followers leaving... it's clearly their loss!!

Oh and that steak looks like it's to die for!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...