Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Happy Kitchen


I guess you could say that the kitchen is my happy place.
I love to cook in it, hang out with my family & friends.
It seems to be the central hub of our house.
It sees a lot of traffic!!

It may not be my dream kitchen...
it is after all a house built in the 80's...need I say more?!?!
But it's a happy place none the less.

You might remember here me anxiously awaiting the arrival 
of my mid century wallpaper.
Well it came and thanks to my hubby and a few hours on a Sunday morning...
it went up!

I love it!
I mean, really love it!!
It's certainly not a design for everyone, or for the faint of heart,
but it couldn't be more "me" if I tried.
It's bright and sunny in the daylight and warm and cozy in the evening.


And that picture...a vintage page from a cookbook found here and then framed.


And now the hunt is on for that perfect mirror to fill the empty wall space.
I'm seeing flea markets in my future!


So my happy place just became a whole lot happier,
 and that 80's kitchen...
well it just went and disappeared!

The wallpaper has met with these descriptions so far...

funky 
(according to my hubby)

wild 
(according to the guy at the framing store when I brought in a sample)

a bit like Narnia 
(according to my kids who say it feels like they should be able to part the vines and climb through)

happy
(me)

What word would you use?


Photobucket

11 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I Think my word is AWESOME!!!!!

I think you are brave and bold and I LOVE it :)

I LOVE wallpaper, I think I told you, we used it everywhere in our previous house but we have only wallpapered the bathroom in this house, we just let everyone choose the colour they wanted to paint when we remodeled, we were on a time and budget crunch. Oh and we did have major wallpaper hanging burn out still from the last home (He! He!)

Have a lovely evening, T. :)

Annette said...

Wow!! That really is some happy, wild, funky, Narnia like wallpaper! And the more I look at it, the more I like it! I really like the framed cookbook page. That's a good idea. Have fun shopping for a mirror!

Handmade in Israel said...

I LOVE it! It's fabulous!!!

Sarah B. said...

It really pops! I love the colors and the pattern :D

Almost Precious said...

It reminds me of a time when family was important and everyone sat down at the dinning room (or kitchen) table to eat and talk and listen to what each had to say. Is there a word for those feelings ? All that comes to mind is "nostalgic". :)
The cookbook art is super cute and very retro ... not to mention very clever of you ... love it !

Kanelstrand said...

Oh, it looks so, so, so awesome! I simply love how the picture colors go perfectly well with you wallpaper! I believe your new wallpaper will excite many more cozy gatherings.

Kelly said...

It looks fabulous! I love it!

Rebecca said...

I would say fabulous! Love the retro vibe! Plus your chairs (which are pretty fabulous too) and furniture go perfect with it. Have fun shopping for the mirror :-)

My Life Under the Bus said...

I LOVE IT!!! OMG it couldn't be more you - it's fantastic - I bet you smile at it every time you walk in here - it's like it was made for you! XOXO YAY!!!

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Love the whole room, wallpaper, picture, furniture. Cute, cute, cute.

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

I love the entire room, wallpaper glorious, picture on wall adorable, furniture wonderful in that room. Cute, cute cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...