Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Drive Thru Caramel Apple


It's Tuesday and that means...


and this week 
it's something just a little bit naughty!

I'm not a fan of fast food.  
I can probably count on one hand, 
how many times a year I get something from a drive thru...
well unless you count coffee!

This past weekend we spent a warm...very warm actually,
day at the beach.
There is something about after the beach...
but I always want ice cream...always!!

So we drove through McDonalds to get a cone,
but then, 
I saw the poster for this...




Oh, oh...danger!!
 Caramel
Apples
Peanuts 
Ice Cream
Well, come on...
I had to get one!!


It was perfect!

Salty
Sweet
Gooey
Crunchy
Silky

Kind of like a caramel apple and an ice cream cone collided and fell into a bowl.

Ingenious!


And if you see me in the drive thru...
Ummm...
I'm just getting a coffee!
Wink, Wink!!

Linking up with Sarah over at


And if you haven't had a chance to pop over
 to Sonya's blog and see her interview with
The Hairy Peach
please do...she loves visitors!!

Happy Tuesday!


Photobucket

20 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

It sounds delicious... but I bet you could make it better. I can't believe anything to do with that fast food place could be great!

Toaster4JC said...

I'm sure it would be delicious! Yum Yum Yum.

Kelly said...

mmm...sounds yummy! now I'm craving some apple crisp and ice cream.

Holly said...

Awww, nuts...

*grabbing car keys and running towards car*

Must satisfy curiosity!

Sarah B. said...

What?!?! I need to try one of these ASAP - they look soooo yummy!

Beth @ dot...in the city said...

That sounds and looks DELISH!

Additionsstyle said...

It was really that good? well I will have to give it a try. I can't even remember the last time I did drive through anything. I enjoyed your interview on Sonya's blog, great post!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

My Life Under the Bus said...

: ( I haven't even seen these ...I am so jealous I wonder if it's one of those blasted regional things...oh sadness...enjoy one for me!

Dzoli said...

When it comes to fast food I am the same.Do not like it do not eat it.And do have a scret...I love Mac's Caramel Sundae.I would drive through and always when order say :Pls a lot of caramel what they do;)) Bless them:)

Apey Lee's Homespun Designs said...

I had to laugh at the McDonald's sundae.

thestoryofkat said...

That combo does sound good! I try to resist fast food as much as I can but every so often I give in...everything in moderation I figure :)

Angela said...

Don't make me bust up in McDonalds, now!

Annette said...

Gasp!!! I am so going to see if my Mickey D's has this!!

rebecca said...

Off to the drive thru ....

Sandra Monat said...

apple and caramel is a nice combination. I love caramel anyway, never can resist French crepé with salty caramel

Tara said...

That sounds yummy. I had a caramel apple a couple of weeks ago at an Apple Festival. I hadn't had one since I was a kid and I think I enjoyed it even more than when I was a kid.

lisaroyhandbags said...

That's so funny! I just made an apple crisp yesterday! hmm.... I should drizzle a bit of caramel on it.... :)

S.V. said...

It does sound tasty. I'm with you though I frequent the drive through but only for coffee lol.

Kanelstrand said...

Mmmmm, let me admit that my mouth is watering right now just because of the way you described this unearthly taste! So... if you see me in the drive thru...it will be totally YOUR fault :))

In other news - yes! Everyone, come read Meelings words on my blog! If you think she's told you everything already - you are wrong, I'm telling you! There's more behind her tasty photos and recipes!

Eating Deliciously said...

I'm not a fan of the fast food drive thru either but I might need to stop by and give this a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...