Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Family Blog


For those of you that follow me regularly,
 you know that I'm all about food and family.

Though this is my blog, my family keeps up with it.
They read it, they give praise and constructive criticism...
and of course are frequently my "tasters" when it comes to the food I make.
I love the fact that this is a family blog.

When my 13 year old son got wind of the fact 
that I was approached by Heelys 
to review a pair of their wheeled shoes...he was all over it!



So this post is a joint effort with myself and
 my creative son Dakota 
whom some of you might remember from here.

He choose the "Wave" shoe to try out.


Stylish enough for a teenager, 
yet fun enough to be a kid!

He used to own a pair as a young child, but hadn't "rode" a pair in quite some time.
We had numerous laughs as he practiced 
getting the hang of it in the kitchen before venturing outside.
I found out my countertops are good for a lot more than chopping vegetables,
they also make a great handrail!

He was soon all geared up and zooming the front yard.
Heely's are a great way to spend some active time outdoors!
He loved all the fun he had with them,
and as a Mom I like how sturdy and well made they are.

So where does the creative part come in?
Well, Dakota is what one might call a budding cinematographer
or as he refers to himself an audio-visual nerd!

So without further ado I give you this...
Dakota's tribute to his Heely's shoes.



As for my involvement...
I just did what I was told by the director!


Thanks Heely's for a fun family project!


You can find Heely's here on the web
or
on their facebook page



Photobucket

11 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Dakota will have lots of fun with those shoes. Wow, his video was very impressive, he did a fantastic and
ultra profession job!

rebecca said...

That video was fabulous!! Really well done - Heelys should post it on their site.

lisaroyhandbags said...

How fun! I would have loved to have shoes like these when I was a kid :)

Sarah B. said...

What a fun little video he made!! And I bet he now thinks you're the coolest mom ever for scoring him these shoes :)

My Life Under the Bus said...

Ingeneous!!! Hahaha are all the old songs coming back ? It seems that's what my 13 year old knows as well.

Annette said...

That was so fantastic! Put a big smile on my face!

Tara said...

Tell him he did a great job with the video, Meeling.

ana said...

how fun :D what a super video too.

Additionsstyle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The shoes are really cute too.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Kanelstrand said...

Do you mean that your son and you made the video? How inspirational and professional!

Handmade in Israel said...

Fun clip! Glad he got some sneakers out of it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...