Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rice


It's Tuesday
and I'm just tickled...


about rice!

I love rice...all kinds, 
but this week 
I'm all about the kind that you can't eat!

Rice that you can't eat?

Not when it's artist


I was reading through my latest copy of
Food & Wine magazine,
when this beautiful image jumped out at me.
I loved the bright citrus colors!
It turns out she is a mixed media artist and 
created this special piece for a
community supported art program.



She uses hand cut stencils, Japanese screen printing,
and prints them on vintage envelopes and letters.
No two pieces are alike!



I love this one...I think it might be my favorite.
She combined spray paint, antique wallpaper & lace, all on wood....
Gorgeous!

You can find her on the web here
or in her great shop on etsy

Now to decide which Rice I want hanging on my wall!

Linking up with Sarah over at 


9 comments:

Jaclyn said...

These prints are amazing. What a beautiful find! (I'm here from Yes, Teacher! Hello :) )

Sarah B. said...

So, so talented!! What beautiful work!!

Rachel J said...

I really like her textures

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I always love to see new (to me)artists, thanks for sharing.

Amy's work is so unique and interesting, it made me want to know more :)

Glad you had fun at the food carts, melted Brie with anything I think is AWESOME :)

(great pics)


Have a lovely day, T. :)

Kelly said...

beautiful! I have never seen any of her work...thank you for sharing!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh I love the girl with the chicken!!! These are lovely!!!

Tara said...

Beautiful prints, Meeling. I can see why you are liking this Rice of a different kind.watlehe

Almost Precious said...

Amy's art is lovely, has such a fresh, light and happy feel to it.

Glad you discovered it and are sharing with us. :)

rebecca said...

Oh she is good!! I love the simplistic and creative feel of her work. Thanks for the introduction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...