Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Big Cheese

The Los Angeles food scene has gone mobile in a BIG way.
In a very delectable way.
Forget the drive thru...
it's all about the drive to!

Food trucks are the it thing right now...
As a friend put it...
mobile gastronomy!

As one last summer outing before back to school we decided on a food truck day.
So food truckin we went!

With all the choices out there it was hard to choose,
but we settled on 
Good ol' comfort food on wheels!!


Give us two signature sandwiches...
That would be...macaroni and cheese!
Yep you read that right.
BBQ pulled pork and caramelized onions, all on crispy grilled bread!
What does that equal?
Add a side order of tater tots and a couple of sodas 
and you have the the worlds two most contented teenagers I've ever seen.
In their words...
Thanks Mom, that was the best grilled cheese ever!

And for that mom...
A brie melt on black peppercorn potato bread.
Double cream brie, homemade fig paste, 
turkey and smokehouse almonds.
Scrumptious!
Melting brie, sweet fig, a little bite from the black pepper,
 add a crunch from the almonds and you have the best grilled cheese I've ever had.
Talk about spot on flavor profiling!!

I'm not a huge fan of bread & butter pickles...never have been, 
but they had house made on the menu, so I had to give them a try.
These were fantastic!
The slightest hint of sweet and a great mix of spice, alongside the perfect crunch.
My only complaint...
I wanted more!

So if you see a big orange grilled cheese truck on wheels...
follow it!
Your stomach will thank you.


12 comments:

OnePerfectDay said...

Wow! That looks like a very gourmet sandwich!
It sounds good too!

Almost Precious said...

Wow those do look tasty. In a way I'm sad that we don't have a Grilled Cheese Truck in our area ... but, in a way I'm glad we don't as I'd be several pounds heavier by now. Just roll me down to the curb Big Daddy. LOL

rebecca said...

You had me at grilled cheese!
Sadly I don't believe that we have anything like a grilled cheese truck in my neck of the woods. Thanks for letting my stomach live vicariously through you :-)

WatermelonBoats said...

Hahah, oh wow I love cheese so much :) Great blog, you post cool stuff to read!

http://WatermelonBoats.blogspot.com

ana said...

oh. your blog always leaves me so hungry. hah. that looks soooo good.

Tara said...

I want some of those food trucks here. And I want a grilled cheese sandwich!

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

Every single one of those descriptions sounds scrumptious!!!
Denise

Additionsstyle said...

That sounds amazing, I licked my lips the whole time I read your post! I wish I could give one of those grilled cheese sandwiches a taste. Sounds like you all enjoyed them.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

My Life Under the Bus said...

* ...filled with jealousy from the center of my food truckless empty soul*............

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

omg i would LOVE a grilled cheese truck!!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Seriously! I'm drooling on my keyboard over here!! :)

Eftychia said...

This is yummy! I wish I could have a bite...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...