Monday, June 27, 2011

Geez Louise

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.
A light breeze, fresh ocean air blowing through the trees.
The light was trickling through the branches in such a way that the leaves sparkled.

We were in Santa Barbara for their annual
wine festival held at the beautiful
The setting is picture perfect...
tents nestled under trees, bridges and quiet walkways to stroll.
More than 70 wineries and local restaurants and caterers, 
provide wine and food for a fantastic fundraiser
to raise money for the museums children's programs.


We sampled some delicious wines, and a couple
that well...shall we say, the plants enjoyed them. 
Blech!
Some wonderful appetizers...
one of my favorites, ricotta and sage ravioli
finished in a brown butter sauce with crisped sage leaves...
Swoon!

Then there were these chocolates...
Sea Salt and Pepper chocolates from
Totally addicting!!
And the best part...
She was so nice and sent me home with a whole box of them...
Thank you so much!

It was a lovely afternoon of sipping and sampling,
strolling through the lovely museum grounds.
Talking to wine makers and chefs and just enjoying ourselves,
Until...

That
uglyidranktoomuchonanemptystomachmonster
reared his head!!!

Geez Louise...
how old am I and you think I'd know better.
Empty stomach.
Hot day.
Unknown consumption of red samples that kept filling my glass.

Let's just say...
You know your husband loves you when he holds your hair
out of the way on the way home as you...
(well...you get the picture)
and let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty one.

Yep.
That was me.
Head hung down in shame.

12 comments:

Marisa Hopkins said...

Ha, oh man, same thing happened to me recently, too. I couldn't believe it!

Well, not same thing exactly... we weren't in as gorgeous a place as that!!! How fun!!

ana said...

aw. well it sounds like it was a fun time, even if you had to get your hair held ;) great photos.

My Life Under the Bus said...

OH NO!!! You look so happy in the photo!!! Poor thing - all that yummy food - I wish we were closer because I think we have the same taste in food - sage and brown butter = YUM ..... maybe not so much the second time! : P I hope you feel better!

thestoryofkat said...

ooo no! That does not sound good but at least you had what sounds like a beautiful afternoon beforehand. The number of little samples and heat just have a way of sneaking up on ya!

Annette said...

Oh no!! It sounded like a perfect day out until...that!! At least you have a sweet hubby!

Almost Precious said...

So sorry to hear that a beautiful and fun filled day had to have its downside. But let it be known that it has happened to the best of us. Sometimes things can go down all too smoothly and then come back to take revenge. I did that once with champagne, now I find I can't even finish one glass of it. :)

Tara said...

Oh, I am so sorry, Meeling. What a horrible way to end what sounded like an otherwise wonderful day. Don't be angry with me though. I may have chuckled.

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

it was all sounding so ideal and lovely!! hope you're feeling better by now :)

rebecca said...

Yikes - I belong to the "been there, done that" club as well.
It's the too many different types of wine that get me. If I get too many in my stomach at one time - it is like they all start beating each other up.
Hope you have a much better time next year!

Kelly said...

oh no - not fun! enjoy your weekend!

D.E. said...

Oh goodness. Well you'll know better next time! Stop at one! Oh love Santa Barbra it's been a long time. Wish I could live in that beautiful place! :) Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Michelle O said...

Oh no! We have all been there. I had my moment this summer after too many drinks that were called "dirty bananas" :) you think I would have known better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...