Thursday, June 23, 2011

An Afternoon Well Spent

Do you ever just have one of those days?
Nothing wrong, but nothing really right either.
Tired, kind of dragging...no desire to do anything.

I had one of those days last week.
I didn't want to sew, or cook or heaven forbid tackle my dirty floors...no thank you!

So guess what?
I didn't!

I decided to take a "time-out"...
I dusted off an old favorite feel good movie,
piled the pillows up high on my bed and sank in.


Have you seen it?

It's a story of love.
A celebration of life's journey...
that somehow moves like paintings across the screen.
Filmed in such a way that you really "feel" like you are there,
it is gentle, heartwarming and visually impressive.

It is based on Will Weaver's short story
A Gravestone Made of Wheat.

Watching it always puts me in a good mood.
The music, the words, the striking images somehow revive me.

It was an afternoon well spent.

13 comments:

Almost Precious said...

When we get those "blah" days, I think it's our body and mind's way of telling us we need a break, a time to recharge and refresh ourselves.
Your way sounds wonderful. I'll have to look for that movie dvd as it sounds marvelous.

Frannie said...

I agree with Almost Precious. What a way to recharge and take a time out. I will also have to look for that movie.

My Life Under the Bus said...

I agree we are having a horrible start to summer here rain thunder rain lightening and rain - the kids are crawling out of their skin...and so am I!!! I love to watch Pride and Predjudice to take me away to another time!

Annette said...

This is my favorite way to recharge! I'll have to look for this movie. I usually turn to Pride and Prejudice, You've Got Mail or Pretty Woman!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I'll have to look for this movie -- that shot is gorgeous!

I started off our Summer vacation with the worst cold and am still recovering -- I think the problem is I haven't taken a time-out and I desperately need one!

I hope it was just what you needed!!!

Crunchy Diva said...

yeah everyone has those days sometimes. you did the right thing & just took the 'day off' i'll have to look for that movie sounds right up my alley.

thestoryofkat said...

My entire week turned out to be one of those days where I just could not seem to pull it together, sigh.

I loved this movie though. I come from a background steeped in scandinavian/germanic lutheran immigrants to the midwest and watching it made me just want to make pie and listen to garrison keilor :)

rebecca said...

I'm with you - when I have one of those blah days I like to just curl up in bed and watch a good movie too!

I haven't seen this one but will keep it in mind.

Have a great weekend!

Tara said...

I haven't seen that movie. If it it helps you get through one of those afternoons, then I will have to watch it. Have a great weekend, meeling.

Sarah B. said...

I definitely have those days! And I've never heard of this movie... looks good!

simpledaisy said...

I have those days too! I just listen to my body and just relax and recharge! It's not good to be a go go go person all of the time!! Sometimes we just need to breathe:)

lisaroyhandbags said...

I often get days like that and I always find the best thing to do is chill out. And definitely DON'T try to tackle a project - you'll end up having to redo it later if your heart/mind isn't in it :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I had never heard of this movie!! From the pic it looks absolutely gorgeous!! i'm going to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...