Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Phone can Cook


Tuesday is here again and after missing last week
due to...
well, due to just missing Tuesday all together somehow...
I'm back on schedule to join in with 


Want to know more?
Click here to find out.

I love to cook.
On my best days, I don't even use a recipe.
I just cook something...something that "comes" to me.
But then there are those days where I'm at the market
 and I'm staring at the contents of my basket:
potato chips, bananas, coffee creamer...
and well, 
that's not exactly going to cut it for dinner!

I wander the aisles and it just doesn't happen...
nothing, 
no inspiration.
But wander no more!!!

Introducing 
the Epicurious App
for my phone!




This app is fantastic...or maybe delicious is a better word!

Great search features!
Save recipes to your favorites to easily find them again.
It even creates a shopping list for each recipe neatly categorized into supermarket sections!!
Walk the aisles...check off the ingredients as you get them and
Ta Da...
Inspiration Galore!!

No more wondering what's for dinner tonight!

Find out more on the 
Epicurious website.

I have it for the Android and it's also available on the iphone.
This is one app that definitely makes my life easier.
Do you have a favorite app?

Want to see more 
Tickle Me Tuesday finds...
then head on over to
and see what other great goodies everyone has found.


Happy Tuesday!

P.S.  Giveaway coming a few days...make sure you pop back!!

14 comments:

Angela said...

Don't you just love technology? I was cooking from a recipe on my Kindle a couple of days ago - the only problem - I was so afraid I was going to get it wet! All of my cookbooks are stained from food and have water spots in them :)

Marisa Hopkins said...

Oh, that is SO awesome!! But it makes me feel like a caveman - I don't have a fancy phone gadgety thing... I can't even text yet. haha, I grew up in Silicon Valley and I'm tech challenged :)

My Life Under the Bus said...

Well here comes another addiction....Yep that's pretty damn fantastic! XO

Happy Tuesday!

BB Goad said...

I love & use that app too!
Happy Tuesday!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

That sounds wonderful. If only I had a phone that could add apps :)

I think my phone is technically a dinosaur now (He! He!)

Thanks for playing along with my little quiz :)

Have a lovely Tuesday, T. :)

Sarah B. said...

That is brilliant! Now if only I had a cool enough phone... ;)

Happy Frog and I said...

Crivens! I have the phone but haven't got round to the apps yet. Should seriously think about looking into it though, thanks!

Silver Strands said...

Just found your blog ... Love it! Nd I'm a big epicurious user myself :)

Rebecca at Meadowview Vintage said...

Wow - That is a great idea! One of these days I am going to have to "up-tech" my phone too! That way I can stop wandering the grocery aisles trying to remember what a particular recipe called for.

Emily@VitaNostra said...

That's a great one (makes me feel even worse than I'm still living in the stone age with my non-smart phone!) Maybe this is incentive!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

what can't you do on your phone...lol....I have an iPad 2 and luv it...hope your week is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

Lauren said...

I'm a new follower, saw your link up from Yes, Teacher and now I think I need to go download this app!

Kelly said...

ooo, now that is a neat app! thanks for sharing!

lisaroyhandbags said...

this is great! I love the Epicurious recipes and I definitely need to download this app! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...