Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Traditions

Do you have an Easter tradition at your house?

Maybe it's decorating eggs?
A special meal with family and friends?

We have 2 traditions in our home.
One is a delicious brunch that consists of this super simple
breakfast casserole recipe featuring
Jimmy Dean sausage.
 The kids gobble it up with gusto every year.
 I think my favorite part is that I can assemble it the night before.


I just pull it out of the refrigerator and pop it in the oven in the morning.
It means Mom can relax and enjoy Easter morning too...
with almost no cleanup!

Then for the second tradition.
I'm not quite sure how this started, but as the kids got a little older,
filling baskets required a little more creativity
 than dollar store trinkets and candy.
Somehow we settled on a silly shirt!
That's right, a silly shirt in their Easter basket,
along with some candy.

This was my son's from last year...
we all laughed so hard when he first wore it,
and yes, he still wears it.


This year I've managed to find some equally funny ones...
but of course since my kids read my blog,
they will have to wait to make an appearance.

Wishing you all a wonderful Easter holiday,
filled with family and friends and I hope
some fantastic food!

I'll be back early next week
with my very first blog giveaway!!
I'm really excited...hope you'll pop back to check it out!

Happy Easter!

15 comments:

Happy Frog and I said...

Happy Easter to you too :-)

My Life Under the Bus said...

LOL!!!! Great idea! I've done regular old Pokeman SHIRTS but that is really cute. I am so backasswards this year I just realized last sunday Easter was this sunday : P.....I am sure that means all the bags of black jelly beans, mishappened peeps and baskets without handles will be on sale tonight...Huzzah for planning! xo

Almost Precious said...

Your traditional Easter Brunch sounds like a marvelous way to celebrate a very special day. And I'm all for anything that can be made up ahead of time and you really sold me when you mentioned the almost NO cleanup part. :D

Great Tee...poor chocolate bunnies. LOL

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

What a great idea, I LOVE the T's :)

Being Brits we always have our large Traditional Chocolate Easter Eggs that are filled with candy. Everyone in our home has a different fav. I am so glad the Lady Di Store isn't far from home and of course it is a great excuse to pop in for a chat and tea :)

But this year I have been too sick to do anything, so we are skipping it for a few weeks when everyone will be home from college :)

Have a lovely Easter and I look forward to seeing the funny T's you guys give each other :)

Have a lovely evening, T. :)

Rebecca at Meadowview Vintage said...

My husband and I celebrate "Bunny Day". For 10 years we had a little rabbit named "Miss Buns". We took her in after she had been abandoned so we never knew when she had been born. So we choose Easter to celebrate her birthday. It's so funny that even though she passed away 3 years ago we still refer to Easter as "Bunny Day". I would love to have that t-shirt!

Your casserole sounds delicious!
I hope that you and your family have a wonderful and relaxing holiday!!

Cheers!
Rebecca

thestoryofkat said...

ha! great t-shirt :)
Happy Easter!

Emily@VitaNostra said...

That shirt made me laugh out loud.

We're just starting to build some new easter traditions. One thing for sure, we'll have a wonderful brunch somewhere. This year traveling to visit family!

Happy Easter :)

Tara said...

I cannot wait to see this year's Easter shirts. Happy Easter, Meeling!

Sarah B. said...

I love that shirt! Talk about LOL for reals :). That's a lovely tradition and I can't wait to see what shirt you get them this year ;)

Marisa Hopkins said...

How funny - I bought from Snorgtees a few years ago, and just yesterday my hubs and I were trying to recall what the shirt said (sadly we lost it). I forgot the name of the company selling them... and now I'm off to see if I can find that shirt again!

Kelly said...

that bunny cartton is too funny!

Sandra Monat said...

:) that bunny T-shirt made me lough. Wishing you a lovely Easter time with yummy food. This year I am invited by friends to their traditional Easter brunch.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Happy Happy Easter my friend!!! XO

lisaroyhandbags said...

Happy Easter! Thanks for the recipe link - I'll have to give this one a try! Hilarious t-shirt btw! :)

ana said...

hope you had a lovely easter. my sister and i enjoy making silly headbands for holidays. we made egg ones this year. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...