Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tickle Me Figs


It's that time of the week again...


Want to know what it's all about,
click here.

I love figs!
They are one of those things that I never seem to tire of.
Fresh ones are to die for.
Bare naked...yum!
In a salad...delicious!
Wrapped with prosciutto and drizzled with balsamic...coma inducing!


The trouble with the fresh ones is that they aren't
around at the markets for very long.
Then I'm stuck with the dried ones...
which are ok for cooking with but not so great for snacking.

Then I found this...


It comes from Turkey and it's fabulous!
So fresh tasting and not too sweet, just a hint.
It's great on toast,
a dollop in plain yogurt,
and the other night with a little brie cheese and a baguette.
Aaahhhh....sigh....Yum!
Did I mention, I love figs?

So that's what has been tickling my snacking fancy this week.

Want to see more,
then head on over to my bloggy friend Sarah over at
Yes Teacher
to read some more
Tickle Me Tuesday posts!

Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I haven't had much experience with figs outside of a Newton, but wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled with balsamic sounds wonderful! And I bet that jam is delicious :) Thanks for linking up!

megan said...

I have never ever had a fig. I'm kinda scared.

Annette said...

I've only had one fresh fig and I loved it! A friend brought some to work from her tree. She never brought any after that.

Kelly said...

yummy!

Almost Precious said...

My husband can't understand my love for figs but I was born on the Italian island of Sicily and it would be un-Italian not to love figs or olives.
My younger sister has an orchard in Ojai California and among the rows of miniature tangerine trees she's scattered many different types of figs. One summer we went from fig tree to fig tree sampling the different types and flavors...it was like paradise. :)

Tara said...

Dare I admit that I have never had a fig?

Happy Frog and I said...

I have only had figs a couple of times but did enjoy them. Happy Tuesday to you too!

ana said...

oh how i love figs. i will go search this out this week! i used to climb a fig tree (more like huge bush thing) when i was really little and just eat all the figs. :) i love it with blue cheese and yummy crackers.

rebecca said...

I am with you - I love figs! I am going to have to look for that jam. You always find the best things!

lisaroyhandbags said...

mmmm.... with brie on a baguette sounds perfect! :)

T @ Poppy Place said...

What a great find. I LOVE figs too but I only eat them at restaurants don't know why really.

With Brie and fresh bread, yummy! Sign me up.

Have a lovely day, T :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...