Friday, March 25, 2011

Big Night-Part 1


It was a lazy Sunday afternoon.
One of those days when you just don't feel like doing anything.
So we decided that's exactly what we would do.
We crawled into bed and turned on the tv.
Flipping through the Netflix instant play choices,
we came across this...


Have you seen it?
We hadn't,
but a quick read through the description,
and seeing that it had Stanley Tucci, Tony Shaloub and
a host of other well known names we figured
we'd give it a go.


Boy are we glad we did!
Talk about laughing...
It is a quirky tale about two brothers trying to save
their failing Italian restaurant.
You can read more and watch a trailer here
or find an in depth plot summary here.

Stanley Tucci wrote the screenplay for the movie,
and the movie features some of his family's recipes.
And it's those recipes...one in particular that really got me excited.
If you've seen the movie you'll know what "special dish"
I'm referring to and if you haven't,
then I'm going to leave you in suspense until Part Two.


The cookbook isn't in circulation anymore, but I managed to track down
an ex-library copy that someone was selling online.
It's a fantastic book!!!

So armed with the cookbook,
and this....

I will be spending the weekend in my kitchen,
attempting to have our very own
Big Night!

Wish me Luck!!

9 comments:

lisaroyhandbags said...

how fun! can't wait for part 2 :)

rebecca said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you cook up! Please tell us about that sponge-ware (?) dish too.
Have a great weekend!!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

How exciting. I am intrigued!

And I don't think I have seen that movie either have to check it out.

Have fun cooking and a lovely weekend. :) T.

Almost Precious said...

Sounds like a great film. Can't say as I've ever heard of it but then there were a lot of good movies that never got the recognition that they deserved.

I look forward to Part II. :)

Happy Frog and I said...

I haven't seen the film but sounds interesting. I am also looking forward to part 2.

Tara said...

Great movie but I haven't seen it since it was originally in theatres. I can't remember what the special dish is! The suspense! I bet it's going to be good.

isa maïsa said...

I loved seeing Julie/Julia due to the cooking. Now I am always on the hunt for a vintage The Art of French Cooking. Tonight I plan to watch this movie and keep an eye out for this cookbook. Thanks for the blog!

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

Hi,
I just thought I‘d let you know that I have a giveaway on my blog in case you’d like to stop by and enter to win.
Here’s the url:
http://beadedembellishments.blogspot.com/2011/03/beadedembellishments-spring-giveaway.html
Good Luck!
I'm glad you enjoyed your movie. My hubby doesn't care to watch movies so I wait til my daughter visits and we watch them together.
Denise
from
BeadedEmbellishments

thestoryofkat said...

here i go again, catching up on posts and reading in reverse ;) dang, i've cherished this movie for years and had no idea there was a cookbook associated with it...jealous!

p.s. a very happy belated birthday to you...looks like you've been having a great week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...