Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Flying and Crawling Pizza

As I sit here writing this,
I'm thinking, gosh it really doesn't seem like that long ago
that I was a high school freshman myself...
Well ok,
maybe that's a wee bit of a stretch,
but you know what I mean.

Time is a funny commodity.
It has a way of sneaking up on you.
At times it seems to fly.
Yet, others it crawls.

I guess in some ways this post is about both those things;
flying and crawling.

Time in general has flown since I was a freshman in high school,
though there have been stages during that period,
 that have crawled.

Moments it seems like he is still a little boy,
then others almost a man.

In actuality...
he is a teenager.
One who plays guitar,
listens to music,
loves soccer,
 texts at the speed of light....
Oh yeah, and can make a mean pizza!


One who measures carefully...


Stirs with care...



Stretches and presses the elastic dough with nimble fingers...


And bakes with precision...
a very yummy
BBQ chicken pizza,
all by himself!


And the best part...
he even does dishes!


It truly seems like yesterday that he wasn't able to walk or talk,
let alone read a recipe or cook me a meal.
Yet, somehow that day arrived.
The flying, crawling pizza was here,
and now it's flown by...
It was delicious!

10 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Awww this looks so yummy!! :)

Tara said...

Cooks, does the dishes and plays the guitar -- quite the young man you have raised. Although it seems like a long ways away, I know my two little men will be young men before I know it. Hopefully, young men who make pizza for me.:)

rebecca said...

I have a feeling that he probably learned all that from the best! A true chef in the making! :)

ana said...

Looks so good. What a great post :)

lisaroyhandbags said...

You've obviously been a great teacher and inspiration to him! great post! :) have a great weekend!

Happy Frog and I said...

You are very lucky indeed, not just preperation but dishes as well! :-)

Sarah B. said...

It looks delicious too!! Way to go for raising a cooking son :)

Almost Precious said...

Now that young man is a real keeper. You've done a great job on raising him. And the pizza looks absolutely delicious, yea I bet it WAS gone in no time flat. :D

thestoryofkat said...

sounds like you are one heck of a mom and that that was one heck of a good pizza :) lovely post!

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

It is so true that time can pass so slowly at times then fly by at others. Children grow up fast and fly away on their own in the twinkling of an eye. It's a call to remember to cherish each and every moment of every day with your loved ones.
Denise
from
BeadedEmbellishments
http://www.etsy.com/shop/beadedembellishments
http://beadedembellishments.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...