Friday, February 11, 2011

Figgy Piggy


I have to admit,
I chose this recipe based on the name.
Figgy Piggy
It sounded fun!
I knew I had to make it.

I know that's not a very scientific method of choosing a recipe,
but luckily for me,
it turned out to be a very yummy choice!

The recipe was only for the game hens,
but I decided to make brussels sprouts
with bacon and cranberries...



And mashed potatoes with smoked gouda,
to go along with it...


A nice bottle of wine...


And the end result
Ta Da...


Delicious!


The sweetness of the figs, played so nicely against
the saltiness of the bacon.
And the lemon, thyme and garlic made a lovely
"au jus" type sauce to spoon over top.

Make again?
A definite yes!

You can check out the recipe here.

Have a lovely weekend!

10 comments:

rebecca said...

Figgy Piggy - too funny! That definitely looks delicious!! I do love figs. My favorite sandwich is a grilled fig and goat cheese sandwich with apple sauce on the side. I know it sounds a little weird but I love it!
Great post Meeling.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Angela said...

That is a cute name for a dish! We had a big fig tree at our previous house and I could never figure out what to do with them!

Additionsstyle said...

That meal looks so tasty!

Mashed potatoes with smoked gouda, I am going to have to try that.

Thanks for sharing.

thestoryofkat said...

haha, what a funny name but very beautiful! you have the best eye (tongue?) for flavor combinations!

Almost Precious said...

Funny name but the dish looks delicious...very gourmet. Love how you plated it, a professional chef would be very proud of you.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Looks heavenly!!! I love brussel sprouts - like would eat them breakfast , lunch and dinner. This looks fantastic. Those chips by the way( Tostitos Black Bean) are fantasticly yummy I got the chipotle and they are spicy good too!

Laura said...

Brussel's sprouts with bacon and cranberries?! I think I'm in love.

Bead Lightning Jewelry said...

oh yum! I doubt I could make it through the cooking process I would eat all the figs and gouda!

Tara said...

How could yo not make something called Figgy Piggy? Looks delicious. I love brussel sprouts and you just reminded me that I haven't had them in ages. Have a great weekend, Meeling.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks really yummy!! It all looks so delicious on the plate :)

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...