Friday, January 21, 2011

A Bowl of Love


Do you remember as a kid when you were sick,
there was nothing better than Mom looking after you.
Lying on the couch,
tucked all warm under your blankets,
a cup of hot tea or a bowl of warm soup and...
somehow you always felt better.

Now that we're adults, we don't often get that kind of treatment anymore.
 Actually for those of us that are now Moms ourselves,
it's usually us doling out the "get well" treatment
to our own kids now.

So a few weeks back, I was sick...
terrible cold, lost my voice,
I was just downright miserable...
until dinner time that was.

When a little zesting...


And some chopping...


And dicing...


A little mise en place...


Some simmering...


Turned into this...


A bowl of warm goodness,
destined to make me feel better,
especially because it was made with love by...


All while I sat relaxing all cozy in my jammies...
(except for taking a few pics)

There's nothing as good as
 something homemade with love just for you!

11 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Lemon zest is so fun and yummy!! Have a great weekend!

thestoryofkat said...

so nice to get taken care of for a change i bet...plus it looks delicious! weird though, i totally posted about soup for feeling better today too, ha!

p.s. thank you so much for your kind comments on my post about ed, it means a lot.

T @ Poppy Place said...

Oh Meeling, what a great Man you have. How loving! :)

Hope you are completely over your nasty bug.

Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

Angela said...

Aw now that is super sweet!! There must be some sort of good husband award for him!!

cabin + cub said...

oh that looks yummy!

Denise from Beaded Embellishments said...

What a heart warming story Meeling! I went to bed the other day right after work because I had a huge migraine. My hubby showed up a little later carrying a bowl of Kraft dinner that he made for me and he remembered to bring the ketchup! Not quite homemade soup, but it was still made with love! LOL
Denise

Tara said...

That is quite the man you have there, Meeling. I think he may be a keeper.:)

Almost Precious said...

Aw, now that is really lovely. I don't think it's so much the food but the love that goes into preparing it that makes one feel better.
Hope your sweet hubby has helped put you on the road to a speedy recovery.
BTW that soup looks so totally yummy.

Handmade in Israel said...

Wow, that looks good... and made by hubbie too! I'm impressed. My eldest didn't feel so good last night so soup and warm bread were on the menu. He loved it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the birthday greetings.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Artichokes make EVERYTHING better - I put them in everything . My fav is artichoke francais .....*Heaven*......sigh you are one lucky girl!

rebecca said...

Wow, I can totally relate to the need for some comfort food. Had a hysterectomy this last week and the first thing that I wanted when I got home was a warm bowl of tomato bisque soup. I must say that your chicken stew is sounding pretty good right now. Of course when it is made with love it is all the better! Hope that you are now over that nasty cold!
Btw - enjoyed your coffee post. I love my french press too! I still need a milk frother, I wonder if it works with soy milk?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...