Friday, December 10, 2010

The Upside Down Snowman

There he sat...
waiting for someone to come along and turn him over.


Meanwhile Santa and the Angel were quietly waiting down the way...


It's that time of year again at my house...
CHRISTMAS BUNCO!




Ready, Set, Roll!

It's always a good excuse to feed my friends some yummy food...
This year I did an Italian theme.

A country Italian salad with peppered salami, 
garbanzo beans and red onions.


Then crock pot lasagna...
I was inspired by this recipe, but since I'm not very good
at following directions, I added ground sausage and turkey,
fresh garlic and nutmeg.
It was outstanding and had everyone asking for the recipe...



Super easy and as an added bonus, 
because it cooks and bubbles away for hours,
the house smelled divine!


Salami and cheese tray for those little nibbles...
and of course it wouldn't be Italy without 
biscotti or tiramisu!



A yummy time was had by all!
There aren't too many things better
 than having your home filled with friends and laughter,
enjoying some delicious food.

We end the evening with a fun little gift exchange,
 where we pull numbers,
and can "steal" each others gifts.
There's always a lot of giggling and in the end
 everyone goes home with some fun little gift.

This year look what I got...


A fun polka dot set of cappuccino cups!

How perfectly Italian...
Cappuccino anyone?

18 comments:

Tara said...

I have to admit I don't know what bunco is but i would like to come over toy our house and play.

TMCPhoto said...

getting together with friends at this time of the year is what it's all about. I'm not a good recipe follower either. Sausage in lasagna sounds fab.

T @ Poppy Place said...

Those cups are adorable, nice haul :).

Bunco is just so much fun. I really need to get a group tog. again. :)

The food looks sooo yummy! Way to go girl :)

Have a lovely day, T. :)

DesignsbyElenaMarie said...

That reminds me...I need to make biscotti for Christmas!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Sounds like such a fun night! i"ll definitely be trying the crock pot lasagna recipe - can't get much easier than that! Love the cups! :)

Marisa Hopkins said...

Oh man I want to play Christmas bunko at yours!! How fun! And such a cute post... much like your cappuccino cups! Love those!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Oh my gosh, suddenly I feel very hungry!! Everything looks delicious!

Angela said...

Can not wait to make that lasagna!!!

Ickady Bag said...

Christmas is fun and beautiful.

thestoryofkat said...

wow, i love the food..pictures and recipes..on your blog. it always looks so good and i want to come over for dinner!!

rebecca said...

Oh my goodness your friends are so lucky!! Love the shape of those cappuccino cups. Coincidentally someone just gifted us a brand new crock pot with the condition that we cook something in it this weekend and bring the leftovers to work on Monday. I'm off to go check out that lasagna recipe right now...
And I'm adding some new things to my shop today - woohoo!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh what fun!!! That lasagna looks terrific. I am jealous of those cute cups too.

Frannie said...

I've never played Bunco. But looks like a fun get together. Friends, food, chatting and lots of fun.

rebecca said...

Meeling thank you so much for stopping by my shop! It's just like having a friend stop by. And thank you for letting my little shop hang out your blog. So fun!!

Handmade in Israel said...

You really do throw a good party, don't you? The food looks delicious (even if I am vegetarian!).
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your continued support.

herzensart said...

thank you for sharing the lasagena recipe, looks delicious. Does it really have to cook for so many hours?

Sarah B. said...

How fun! The lasagna looks delicious :) I've never played Bunco before but I hear it's fun!!

Emily@Pookie and Pierre said...

This looks like such a fun party. I love anything italian themed and I love that you added the nutmeg to the lasagna! (my fave!) I really need to learn about this bunco thing... appears I may be missing out ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...