Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Paper Tree

I have a problem...
A tree problem to be exact.
I love to decorate my Christmas tree.
The problem is that I like to change it every year.
I get a "bee in my bonnet" to do something new and exciting.

This year was no exception and for some reason
 I got hooked on paper.
Paper ornaments, paper garland and paper pom poms.

So I give you,
 My Paper Tree...



I love the paper pom poms.
They are from Pom Love a fun little shop on etsy.

I nestled them in tree branches...


Tucked them into the mantle display...



And instead of a traditional star, 
our tree has a huge Pom Pom topper!


Then I found this great paper garland
 from the etsy shop
 made from an old Italian book.
It reminded me of our trip to Italy earlier this year
and I knew it had to be on our tree.



Then finally Anne from 
made me these wonderful 
vintage paper medallions.


I love the way the light sparkles off the tinsel!

It's not your traditional tree,
but I love it just the same.
It's new and exciting,
and it sent my "bee" buzzing away...
well at least till next Christmas rolls around anyways!

17 comments:

handmadebyannepotter said...

What a fabulous tree! I love the paper theme and you did it so beautifully! (Am I surprised?) Thank you so much for giving a shout-out for my paper medallions: they look so happy with their papery friends!

Merry Christmas!
Anne Potter

Tara said...

Love the tree. The pom poms are awesome! And the giant pom pom topper?! Perfect! I have admired maisy and alice's paper garlands as well. Now I can't wait to see what you do next year with your tree.

Stephanie said...

I love it!!!

The best part is the paper garland.

rebecca said...

Love the pom pom topper! Your tree looks great. What a fun idea! And it goes so nicely with your drapes. By-the-way love those drapes too. And your mantle looks so festive. You are inspiring me to get off my rump and get those decorations out. Yes - I suppose I am a bit late - been busy, busy, busy. The tree is still out on the patio waiting to come in.
Oh, thanks for the sweet convo you sent me. :)

pomlove said...

wow! what an awesome tree! thank you so much for featuring my poms! you've done a great job here:) wishing you all the best this holiday season!

kirsten/PomLove

lisaroyhandbags said...

cool tree! love the pom poms and the little italian book garland - so cute! :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Your mantel is so pretty!! love the colors you used.

Crafting Goddess Extraordinaire said...

oh i really should put more effort into my tree decorations! this one is so beautiful it makes me want to start a handmade ornaments tradition

Marisa Hopkins said...

Oh my word, what a FABULOUS tree!!! So colorful and cheerful!!

Sarah B. said...

Your paper tree is amazing!! I love how it turned out :) I think changing it up every year is a pretty fun idea!

Angela said...

It is REALLY pretty! I love the huge pom on top!

My Life Under the Bus said...

You are so awesome it's ridiculous _ LOVE that tree!!!!!!! Love those popm poms!

T @ Poppy Place said...

Oh your tree looks gorgeous and so original. :)

I don't know how you have the energy to change it up every year, I do the same every year, I have thought ocassionally that it would be nice to change it but..........

Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

maureencracknell said...

Your tree looks gorgeous! I love the paper idea. I have always wanted to do a tree with just nature inspired decorations...maybe next year. We are moving at the end of this month and will finally have a home big enough to have two trees. : )

Happy holidays,
Maureen

Melody said...

Wow! That must have been a lot of work.

Happy Frog and I said...

Very Christmassy, love it!

maisy and alice said...

What a divine tree and what a wonderful job you have done! I'm thrilled to have my garland adorning it, thank you! All the best for the Holiday Season:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...