Monday, December 6, 2010

The Envelope Please...


And the award goes to....


So first off...I  never get awards for anything,
well maybe back in grade school I got something, 
but that was a looooooong time ago,
 so this is pretty cool!
I have to thank Sara over at her fun blog "Yes Teacher" 
for bestowing it upon me.

No podium or acceptance speeches here.
The rules are as follows:
I must share 7 things about myself and then 
choose some other worthy bloggers to entrust the
"Stylish Blogger Award" to.

Hmmmmmm.....Ok, here goes.

1. My favorite color is orange.

2. I like to wash dishes.  
Don't get me wrong, 
I don't want to work at Denny's washing dishes for 8 hours straight, 
but there's something relaxing about the warm water,
the suds, getting the kitchen back to normal.
(Ok, I'm a little weird)

3. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...way too much!

4. I'm a sucker for British movies, especially the "olden day" ones.
(Sigh.....aaahhhh Mr. Darcy)

5. I have 3 dogs... 2 Labs and a Yorkie.
If anyone has any creative uses for Lab hair...
I'd love to hear from you!

6. I work with special needs preschoolers, 3 and 4 year olds.
I love my job!

7. I love soccer.
(British football)
My favorite teams:
Manchester United &
whatever team my boys are playing for!


And now to spread the wealth...here's the blogs
 that I want to pass the award onto.
I know some of these lovely ladies may have already
been tagged, and I don't expect them to post twice but
these are my picks...

Lisa Roy Handbags
On A Branch
Poppy Place
Maureen Cracknell Handmade
Herzensarts Blog
The Story of Kat
Cubits Organic Living
Ponder and Stitch
My Life Under The Bus
Pickles on Pizza

These ladies show off some beautiful artistic talent,
make me laugh and even on occasion pull out a tissue or two.

Go and give their great blogs some love!

13 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

How fun! Congrats on the award!!

Tara said...

Psst, I kind of like to do laundry. Congratulations! I will do my best but I don't seem to be the best at doing these kinds of posts. I get bogged down by the planning but this one seems short and sweet.

rebecca said...

No creative uses for Lab hair over here - I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all this darn Sheltie hair. Secretly I like to put my kitchen back in order too. It makes me feel like I have control over a tiny slice of the Universe.
So fun getting to know more about you and seeing your lovely family!
Cheers!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Ah, thanks so much for passing the award to me! I'm so flattered!! And what a lovely pic of your family! :)

Almost Precious said...

Congratulations on the award, your blog is lovely and deserves it.
Have to agree with you on #3 - I could eat Reese's Peanut Butter cups at just about any hour of the day.
I think you picked some marvelous blogs to pass the award on to.

Urbanstems said...

Yay Congrats to you on your award. Some great blogs you have listed there. Chocolate and peanut butter rocks! Thanks for all your lovely comments over the past week. You are a doll. Sinead x

T @ Poppy Place said...

Hey Meeling, you are so sweet thanks so much for this award.

I'm with you I LOVE to wash up, esp. the china and crystal after a great dinner party :)

And I have done the 8 hours a day in a hospital kitchen washing up, it was a fun job (because it was a VERY temp. gig :)

Have a lovely day, T. :)

Ickady Bag said...

Congrats on the award. Your blog deserve it. :) Nicely organized.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh it's a good thing I'm not posting until tomorrow! Thanks for thinking of me! I think you look stunning in the orange - so it's good it's your favorite color.

There is definately some sort of correlation between kitchen tidiness and mental satisfation. When the kitchen is tidied up I feel all is well with the world. Nothing worse then waking up in the am to a dirty kitchen!BLEECH

Have an awesome Wednesday!!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

...oh and I love British movies!!

Sarah B. said...

Yay!! I am so with you on number
1, 4, and 6 :)

ana said...

hello!

firstly, thanks so much for following me! i love your blog as well. too cute :D

secondly, there is a special surprise dealing with the giveaway (http://erban.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-winners-surprise.html)

if you could please email me your snail mail address so i can get a print over to you pronto!

anaerb[at]gmail[dot]com

thestoryofkat said...

that might be the nicest compliment i have ever gotten about my blog, thank you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...