Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lobster and Mr. Darcy

Lobster season has officially opened on the West coast and that means one thing...well actually it means two things really.  First is that my Honey went out last night to go "hooping", as catching lobster is commonly referred to, and secondly that I got to watch a chick flick!  
Ahhhh.... Mr. Darcy....need I say more?  
You girls know exactly what I'm talking about it!

Come to think about it...maybe it means 3 things...because look what he brought home!



This meant one thing...I was definitely cooking tonight!!  
Hmmmmm....Paella? On the grill?
The kids interjected a little and it turned out that 
Lobster Mac and Cheese it would be.  
Yum!
I settled on the Ina Garten version, having watched the episode a while back.  
I always love her honest, simple ingredient choices.  
I've made her recipes time and again and they never disappoint, and this was no exception.

Lobster Mac & Cheese

The recipe was simple, and yielded a beautiful casserole dish of mac & cheese.  The only changes I made were to use penne pasta and panko breadcrumbs because I had them on hand.


The finished product was lovely to look upon and the smell...Oh heavenly.  
I could smell the butter and cheese wafting from the hot dish.  
Then I scooped...


Mmmmmmm......deliciousness!  

Simple, honest ingredients...spectacular finished results.
I served it unpretentiously with Asiago and Rosemary rolls from Trader Joes.
The kids even went back for seconds...and they aren't huge seafood fans.

Make again?  For sure!

Low calorie?...Absolutely!  

Just as sure as Mr. Darcy was over for tea last evening.

(This post to have been read in your best British accent)













7 comments:

nonasnote said...

Yummmy! Looks and sounds absolutely d~licious!

Almost Precious said...

Wow, those are some healthy looking lobsters.
Love your post and the link to a fabulous lobster mac and cheese recipe. Hey you now have another follower. :) Hope you'll check out my blog and follow me back. ')

Sara Libbey's Jewelry said...

Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.
Elizabeth Bennet: I don't understand.
Mr. Darcy: I love you.

All Around YUmmy stuff!

JacquezPhoto said...

Hard to believe that it low cal!! Looks delish!!!!

Lala's Pequenos said...

Wow- that looks amazing!

Handmade in Israel said...

I read it in my best British accent ;) Dinner looks good, though not being a seafood eater, the lobsters freak me out a little, lol!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so pleased you liked what you saw.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Holy Crack addict !!! Lobster and Mr. Darcy....I've died and gone to Heaven!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...