Monday, October 25, 2010

For the Love of Cheese


We are not Italian...though at times I feel like maybe there is some long lost 
Italian relative hiding out in my family tree.

I love to cook their food.
I love to eat their food.
Did I mention I love to eat their food?

I had the opportunity earlier this year to visit Italy and fell in love with
 their cities, their culture and their language.

I bought Rosetta Stone before our trip and completed the whole first level.
It was fun, I learned a lot and it made the trip a whole lot more fun.

This has been an Italian year for us, and led my high school freshman
 to choose Italian as one of his electives.  
To be honest, I'm not sure who loves it more, me or him.  
We "speak" Italian whenever we can with a whole lot of 
English words interjected to complete our sentences, do homework together and just have a lot of fun with it.

So when he came home Friday from school humming a tune 
from Italian class, I had to know where it was from.  
It seems that a project is up and coming in Italian class where they will make a "commercial" and this was the example that was shown to them.




Too funny!
I've had the parmigiano song stuck in my head all weekend.
Needless to say, I have a feeling my son is soon going to have me
dressed up as a vegetable singing some Italian song for his commercial.
Well, what are Mom's for right?
Keep an eye out for us on YouTube!

In the meantime though...all together now...
par-par-par-par-par-migiano
re-re-re-re-re-reggiano
par-par-par....you get the idea.

Happy Humming!


15 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love food too!!!

And now I have that song stuck in my head...

Elena said...

I love Italian food, too. I do have some Italian heritage, and I believe that is why I love garlic so much!

Lindsay @ Aisle to Aloha said...

hehe, so cute! Have fun in that tomato costume!

kletsshop said...

Too funny!! Great blog!!

Crunchy Diva said...

cute post! i love italian too yummy.

lisaroyhandbags said...

this is too funny! we're going to Rome next week and you're definitely getting me in the mood! :)

Almost Precious said...

I love cheese ... but then I'm mostly Italian, born in Messina, Sicily. So my tastebuds are fond of olives,oregano and garlic bread also the Italian gelato and granite. My zia Maria in Sicily makes an aranchini to die for !

Tara said...

Can you please let us know when that video is made? I think it would be worth watching.

February Jones said...

This gave me a wonderful giggle right before turning in for the night. Delightful blog!

Christie Cottage said...

LOL TOOOOOO cute! LOL


<><

Briar Ridge Farmhouse said...

Such a catchy little tune..lol.
Please feel free to stop by my blog each Tuesday and add one of your handmade items to my Tuesday's Treasures link up.
Kimberly
http://briarridgefarmhouse.blogspot.com/

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG !!! LOL - I would show this to my kids but after the " Cat I'm a Kitty cat and I meow-meow-meow" debacle of 2010 I know I am not strong enough to listen to this for a month straight!

Ryan said...

That is the best commercial I've seen in a long time. I had to share it with everyone on facebook.

gretchenmist said...

would love to visit italy one day! my 5 year old is learning it at school ~ which i think is great, he teaches me too :)

rebecca said...

You're right that tune does sort of get stuck in your head...LOL. Keep us posted on how your sons class project turns out. And if he does get you dressed up as a vegetable - we definitely want photos!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...