Thursday, October 28, 2010

An English Occasion

Eat me!
Famous words from Alice in Wonderland.
Who could resist eating a cupcake with one of these adorable picks in it?
I know I couldn't!

Alice in Wonderland Party Picks
I came across Vintage Twee on etsy a little while ago and
 was instantly taken in by all of Joanne's wonderful treasures.

Just take a look at some of her handmade vintage inspired goodies.

Teapot Favour Boxes

Vintage Style Favour Boxes


What wonderful party accessories these would make!

The teapots are especially fitting since Joanne is English
 and hails from Manchester in the UK.
When I asked Joanne what made her start her etsy shop she said that she "has always loved to create, ever since being a child." She even had a "making box" that her Mum would pull out a few times each week.  I laughed when she said "that all it took to keep her quiet was a few pieces of cardboard, some pipe cleaners and crepe paper!"
Too cute!

I asked her what her favorite item in her shop was and she told me,
 "she loves her Pillow Talk Favour Boxes which are made from an old love letter."

Pillow Talk Favour Boxes

How perfect would these be for a bridal shower or for wedding favors.
They are sized just right for jewelry or a few sweet treats.
When asked what aspect of creating she enjoys best, I was excited to learn to that she "loves going on treasure hunts to source her materials."  
Joanne tries "to use asmany vintage materials" as she can find.  
Her "favourite materials are vintage lace,pearls and old sheet music."  
Take a look at these wonderful "upcycled" treasures she has created.

Vintage Sheet Music Christmas Bauble
Vintage Sheet Music Rose Cones
Or maybe you're planning a "fancy dress" party, 
a.k.a. a costume party...well then how 
perfectly "spooktacular" these would be!

Halloween Themed Vintage Bottle
Halloween Themed Graveyard Party Picks

Joanne's shop is classic and elegant and reflects her love
 for all things old and worn, with a traditional English appeal. 
She provides her customers with friendly and reasonable
 priced service without compromising on quality.
Her attention to detail is evident in all her products and in her personality...you won't find more personable customer service anywhere.

Vintage Letterpress Cupcake Sticks

I love the fact that she includes her British heritage in her products.
Handmade from the heart by a lovely English girl!


So the next time you have a party to plan look no further than

You can also find Joanne on the web here
or


Thanks for taking the time to read about Vintage Twee!


8 comments:

je.nature said...

Very creative mind at work here. Beautiful items and story too.
BackyardNaturePhotos

lisaroyhandbags said...

what an adorable shop! I love the cupcake sticks best :)

Angela said...

Great choice on the "Chula" dress! I had to go see which one you got!

info said...

What gorgeous things! I looove those vintage sheet music cones - very classic and feminine imho!

Jacqueline Gikow said...

What beautiful items to feast your eyes on. I love all the Halloween signs and the alice ones too.

Jacqueline Gikow said...

I just noticed that you have thumbnails of my shop on your blog. Thanks for the promotion. I really appreciate it. ;-)

JacquelineJewelry

rebecca said...

Oh that ornament made with sheet music was really sweet. What a great idea!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh so cute !!! What a lovely shop . Happy Saturday , Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...