Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Art of Appreciation

With the Holiday season swiftly approaching, my thoughts have turned to appreciation.  For all the people that have touched my life some way this year and how I might touch them back this Holiday season, with 
a small gift or token of my gratitude.  

A Holiday party is a delight for all our senses, yet someone often overlooked is the hostess.  Throwing a party takes a lot of work, and even myself who enjoys cooking and decorating, lights up
when someone presents me with a little thank you.  
A few of my favorite items have been given to me as hostess gifts. 

I have a Christmas tea towel that I hang up every year that always makes me smile, and my favorite is a wine glass that accompanied a bottle of wine.  
It's my favorite glass and the one I always reach for first.

Beaded Wine Charms with Silver ID's
A bottle of wine is almost always a good choice for a hostess gift. (I know it's a favorite of mine to receive)  Here is an interesting article on the ins and outs of choosing the perfect bottle.  So now that you have your bottle in hand, how do you present it?  
You could put it in a bag and call it good...but not me.  
I like a little "bling" with my bottle!

So that brings me to 

Large Stone Earrings
A wonderful shop I came across on etsy
Jacqueline is the owner and designer of all her jewelry and home decor gifts.  She was kind enough to let me interview her so we could find out a bit more about her.  When I asked her where she finds inspiration for her work, she said "I live in New York City...it's a great place to be an artist in; there are a lot of places to find inspiration." 
I always love to hear where artists find their ideas and influences.

Bead and Silver Bracelet
She told me that she "started her etsy shop to sell her handmade jewelry, and this summer, started to diversify into home decor". It was actually her home decor line that had caught my eye.  Talk about the perfect little gifts to pair up with that bottle of wine for your hostess.

Beaded Wine Glass Charms

or how about one of these...

Wine Topper Small Beaded

She told me that she "loves both the design and actual construction of her jewelry and home decor items.  It's fun to select the beads and watch the piece come to life".  It sounds like a wonderful process to me, and her finished results are gorgeous!

Moss Agate Wire Wrapped Necklace
I asked her what her favorite item in her shop was and she said " I am enamored of the beaded Christmas wine glass charms 
because of the coming season".  
I can see why they are a favorite...just look at them! 
They are adorable...and no more losing your wine glass at the Holiday party!

Christmas Beaded Wine Glass Charms
So as you get ready for the Holiday season, don't forget 
the hostess on your appreciation list.  

Jacqueline Jewelry  can help you add that little touch of "bling" to a bottle of wine, or maybe a pair of earrings for that special teacher, a necklace for a friend...or maybe something extra special just for you!


As a special thank you to her customers Jacqueline is offering FREE shipping when you spend $15 or more in her shop from 
now until October 13th.  
Just mention that you saw her blogged on The Hairy Peach during etsy checkout.

You can also find her here...

A heartfelt thank to you Jacqueline for allowing me this interview and 
a GREAT big thank you to all of you out there who support handmade!


Have a Happy Handmade Holiday!




8 comments:

bowbyjessica said...

These are so much fun!

Jacqueline Gikow said...

thanks for promoting me and providing the review of my work!

Southern Belle said...

Pretty items from Jacqueline
http://southern05belle.blogspot.com/

Beaded Embellishments said...

Jacqueline is a very talented and creative woman and I love the designs she creates. What a great idea to add a personal gift such as wine charms or a wine topper to go along with that bottle of wine for the hostess! It's a gift that lasts long after the bottle of wine has been consumed! Great post!
Denise
Beaded Embellishments

Diana said...

Very pretty pieces!

I agree with you on a bottle of wine being a perfect give to receive!

Sarah B. said...

I love those holiday wine glass charms! How lovely :). Definitely makes me want to throw a holiday party!

Crunchy Diva said...

i love bringing wine as a hostess gift & wine glass charms are a great gift to go along with it. great ideas thanks.

reneek said...

The wine glass charms are so darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...